LRR keeps crashing on Frozen Frenzy

Kisame12794

I have an un-modded version, and whenever I reach a certain point in drilling up towards the tunnel transport, it crashes. It appears to be semi-random, as it also crashes around the time a third ice monster shows up. Help?

• 2 years later...
MaelstromIslander

Try cleaning the disc it.

OHHHH THANK YOU GOOD SIR, WE TOOOOOTALLY NBEEDED YOU TO BUMP A TOPIC THREE YEARS OLD. :P

Anyway, the member who made this topic is long gone now, so that post was a bit of a waste.

Try cleaning the disc it.

OHHHH THANK YOU GOOD SIR, WE TOOOOOTALLY NBEEDED YOU TO BUMP A TOPIC THREE YEARS OLD. :P

Anyway, the member who made this topic is long gone now, so that post was a bit of a waste.

​No need to be rude. He's a new member. You're right, it's an old topic from someone who has one post, it was an unnecessary bump. Crystal Miner 1, we generally don't approve of resurrecting old topics if there's nothing to add.

But who knows? Maybe Kisame12794 has been returning to the forums every day for years, hoping that somebody, SOMEONE, would help with his problem. And that day has finally come. (Because in all honesty, the disc could easily be the issue :/ )

Maybe Kisame12794 has been returning to the forums every day for years, hoping that somebody, SOMEONE, would help with his problem.

​If they have, they haven't logged in to do it: "Last visited: 27 Dec 2012"

• 10 months later...
The Slimy Slug

Did you ever think that maybe other people would have the same problem?

The same thing happens to me every time I play that level and I can't get past it because of that.

aidenpons

It's LRR.

It's fussy.

It likes crashing.

Personally I've found Frozen Frenzy to be my most stable level & the one I can play the longest on before the dreaded "LegoRR.exe has stopped working..."  - but as I said, this is LRR and it likes crashing. It seems to be different for everyone (sheesh, Xiron can randomly get it to run on Win10 without anything spectacular - badly and generally not very well, but running nevertheless).

As far as getting past it is concerned:

1) Enable Debug Keys (fiddle with the CFG - extract LegoRR1.wad, open the CFG with Notepad++ (Notepad will work if you know what you're doing), and find the line about debug keys) and either

a) dig an alternate path to the TT using NumDel

b) Ctrl+S to win (I think...?)

or

2) add -testlevels to the Target box of a shortcut to LegoRR.exe. This will enable all the levels regardless of how many you've completed. Finish the two it leads to and then remove the -testlevels.

3) Grab a mod. It might fix something l405G.jpg

Mr. Skeltal
15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

It's LRR.

It's fussy.

It likes crashing.

Personally I've found Frozen Frenzy to be my most stable level & the one I can play the longest on before the dreaded "LegoRR.exe has stopped working..."  - but as I said, this is LRR and it likes crashing. It seems to be different for everyone (sheesh, Xiron can randomly get it to run on Win10 without anything spectacular - badly and generally not very well, but running nevertheless).

As far as getting past it is concerned:

1) Enable Debug Keys (fiddle with the CFG - extract LegoRR1.wad, open the CFG with Notepad++ (Notepad will work if you know what you're doing), and find the line about debug keys) and either

a) dig an alternate path to the TT using NumDel

b) Ctrl+S to win (I think...?)

or

2) add -testlevels to the Target box of a shortcut to LegoRR.exe. This will enable all the levels regardless of how many you've completed. Finish the two it leads to and then remove the -testlevels.

3) Grab a mod. It might fix something l405G.jpg

From what I can tell, it's not the game's fault, as I have a Windows 98 Computer (check profile for specs) and the games does not crash for me, meaning it most likely has to do with the game and trying to run on an newer OS, but it could just be the NT kernal in general.

aidenpons
On 1/05/2016 at 11:18 AM, dellr said:

From what I can tell, it's not the game's fault, as I have a Windows 98 Computer (check profile for specs) and the games does not crash for me, meaning it most likely has to do with the game and trying to run on an newer OS, but it could just be the NT kernal in general.

it's not the game's fault

it most likely has to do with the game

What?

I've had instability on a WinXP & near-perfect functionality on a Win7... it's just each user's setup. As I said, LRR is very fussy.

We also know that it hates Radeon cards... Some of the time. Mine worked fine. l405G.jpg

Mr. Skeltal
13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

What?

I've had instability on a WinXP & near-perfect functionality on a Win7... it's just each user's setup. As I said, LRR is very fussy.

We also know that it hates Radeon cards... Some of the time. Mine worked fine. l405G.jpg

I say this, because of the fact that on on all of the computer's I have tried with this game, it seems it is always the computer's with windows 9X works just fine.

Oh and sorry for double post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.