How Did You Start Your Lego Collection?

Jimbob

320px-SAM_0922.JPG

Just Bionicle and Exo Force.

320px-SAM_0914.JPG

The rest of my sets. I share this room with my siblings, its the play room, hence the "I know my colors" sign on the wall. Those cabinents go arm deep. This is the mother lode.

320px-SAM_0916.JPG

The crown jewel of this collection, my Classic Space sets. You know, the original wave. I have every single set of the original wave.

But anyway, advice... Well lets see.

I would reccomend trawling garage sales, takes a while, but worth the stuff you find. Another option is to trawl ebay, but that costs more money than garage sales, and takes up more time. I normally buy sets at thrift store(good place to look for Lego). Look around your town/city, see if anyone buys Lego, as in, specifically advertises that they buy Lego. Thats a good place, most often said store owner doesnt know anything about the value of sets and puts them up for cheap. :D

For spare bricks, bricklink is good, or garage sales.

If you want sets, try going to the Lego store's discount bin. Often ruined boxes or whatever get you 15% off.

320px-SAM_0916.JPG

The crown jewel of this collection, my Classic Space sets. You know, the original wave. I have every single set of the original wave.

I bet it is the crown jewel. You mean that you have the Galaxy Explorer too (original wave)!? And did you inherit these sets from family members or collected them over the years?

320px-SAM_0916.JPG

I bet it is the crown jewel. You mean that you have the Galaxy Explorer too (original wave)!? And did you inherit these sets from family members or collected them over the years?

My dad collected them... when he was a kid. The only thing he says he regrets, is that he never bought the Yellow Castle. :P

Yes I have the Galaxy Explorer. :D

This is an interesting topic, but I can't actually remember what my first lego set was. Lego has just always been around me, growing in size and number of sets each year. My first Lego game was Rockraiders, of course! A friend of mine showed me the game and let me try it. While I was quite worried in the beginning about how to build a power plant as I expected it to be a gigantic structure with huge pillars that would take ages to build, (the only PC game I had ever played before was the demo of "Star Trek - Elite Force", so I didn't really have any idea on what other games would be like) but after that the game soon took hold of me and I actually borrowed my friend's CD for the whole summer holidays. Luckily, I got the game on christmas the same year.
Today, my lego collection consists of approximately 260 minifigures and one corner of my bedroom is still full of lego :)

PS: Unfortunately I only got a single real lego rockraiders set, which was the Rapid Rider.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.