Improvement Poll: Community News

Cyrem

Improvement Poll: Community News  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you read Community News?

2. 2. Would you be interested in reading LEGO related news?

3. 3. Would you be interested in reading non-LEGO related gaming news?

4. 4. If there was Community News, would you like to report & write it?

• Definitely, I'm a good writer.
    • Maybe, I'll do if no-one else will.
    • No thanks, I'll stick to reading.
  5. 5. Would you be interested in reading Rockwhale news?

Your input would be appreciated.

Definitions:

LEGO News -
News related to
TLG
. Examples: Set releases, upcoming events, LEGO Games.

Gaming News -
Examples: New game releases, events, sales/freebies, game mods news.

Thank-you.

I think Jamesster would be the guy to write about LEGO news, and we do need it. I won't be too interested in it but I think it's important.

As for gaming, I have a bunch of sources. I would leave my overly bias remarks for the comment section, and hopefully I'll be able to report on both indie games and some of the stuff the big reporters are not reporting.

I think more content will equal more activity, so yes to all three. I'd report/write if needed, but I'd rather see someone else who has more free time do it.

Lair seems to be pretty negative about the whole things. You should have added a category for Rockwhale news, Cyrem.

We'll fix that now won't we....

• Like 2

"Rockwhale news"? Uh, I don't quite know what to make of that... But I'll give it a shot. If it's anything like the RageRants I'm working on, it should be some good reading...

I also wanted to express my reasoning for my choice in having non-LEGO related gaming news. I think it would be more-or-less redundant to have it here. I mean, if it matters to us, the members will most likely post it in their status updates anyway. Just my opinion.

And I agree with Aclom. RRU has a pretty colorful history (and I don't quite remember it all), and I'd love it if we get together sometime and work on writing it down. Development on that would make for some good Community News as well, so two birds with one stone. (Also, I think Extreme and someone else, maybe Lair, was working on something like this, but nothing ever came of it... What happened?)

O.T.

Hey, I made my 700th post on RRU... And it was actually somewhat USEFUL to the community!

Blimey.

And I agree with Aclom. RRU has a pretty colorful history (and I don't quite remember it all), and I'd love it if we get together sometime and work on writing it down. Development on that would make for some good Community News as well, so two birds with one stone. (Also, I think Extreme and someone else, maybe Lair, was working on something like this, but nothing ever came of it... What happened?)

"This day in RRU history"? :P

More like an official timeline. There were probably a lot of days where nothing happened on RRU, and I doubt anyone remembers exact dates, so just an approximate history guide?

I also wanted to express my reasoning for my choice in having non-LEGO related gaming news. I think it would be more-or-less redundant to have it here. I mean, if it matters to us, the members will most likely post it in their status updates anyway. Just my opinion.

I completely disagree. I think we need full coverage on all gaming news, because so much goes unreported here, and there's some pretty interesting things that don't get reported anywhere.

This is a LEGO gaming site, yet the news will cover both extremes; just LEGO, and just Gaming. I think that's a good balance.

Various other sites do gaming news a lot better than we could ever hope, Ben. Case in point: The Escapist.

I would, however, be interested in doing some reviews of recently released games. It'll allow me to hone my writing to the masses skills.

Various other sites do gaming news a lot better than we could ever hope, Ben. Case in point: The Escapist.

Not many report news on large scale mods, none have reported the amount of complaints regarding AC3 PC's unoptimisation, and very few report on upcomming Indie games. Although, Kotaku and Escapist are pretty good.

I would, however, be interested in doing some reviews of recently released games. It'll allow me to hone my writing to the masses skills.

I would also like to do reviews, and I think it'd be pretty awesome if the both of us did a weekly review each (we'd probably have different styles and games), as well as the news reports.

I would also like to do reviews, and I think it'd be pretty awesome if the both of us did a weekly review each (we'd probably have different styles and games), as well as the news reports.

If we were to do weekly reviews, I'd have to break out some Retro games. I don't get games every week.

I'd have to break out some Retro games.

YES. THIS. RIGHT HERE.

I find retro reviews or "let's plays" of older games more interesting than newer games.

I'd have to break out some Retro games.

YES. THIS. RIGHT HERE.

I find retro reviews or "let's plays" of older games more interesting than newer games.

I'm probably in the same boat, knowing how little money I have nowadays. If selected I'll try throw in a new game review every now and again, but it's mostly going to be stuff already in my and my friend's libraries.

I'm probably in the same boat, knowing how little money I have nowadays. If selected I'll try throw in a new game review every now and again, but it's mostly going to be stuff already in my and my friend's libraries.

Being that I have a sizable GOG collection of games, I could do one here and there too. ( could almost become a GOG affiliate :P )

This is most excellent news for me

I have stuff I can submit to game reviews. Like literally dozens of PC games, a lot from when I was younger. That last bit should give you some warning that some of them are weird and that I'll probably not judge them well by holding them to the standards of the games I play today. I'll try to be fair, but expect either a lot of criticism or just chaos.

edit: lol hard @ sonic322 voting no for rockwhale news

I have stuff I can submit to game reviews. Like literally dozens of PC games, a lot from when I was younger. That last bit should give you some warning that some of them are weird and that I'll probably not judge them well by holding them to the standards of the games I play today. I'll try to be fair, but expect either a lot of criticism or just chaos.

2009 Lair of Rockwhales? or earlier? :0

Good news.

I have several really freaking old school RPG's I'm in the middle of playing through. Neverwinter Nights could be my first review. Or Fallout 2, whichever I finish first.

2009 Lair of Rockwhales? or earlier? :0

Good news.

Not exactly, I'm talking more along the lines of the ages of the game. 90% of them are probably garbage from the 90s that hasn't been heard of, but that's why I'm here.

I call dibs

dibs are dumb, let people do what games they want to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.