The LEGO Island Cards - Christmas Edition (RRU Special) (UPDATE 3.0!)

lu9

Hi everybody, I present to you, the LEGO Island Cards Christmas Edition application.

What does that app does? Well, it's not useful for modding or stuff, but most for remembering the Christmas we all had in 2012 and the new year, an application for remembering. In the style of the LEGO Island 2 Gameboy Color cards viewer, but polished, even with the same music, also remixed. In addition to the default LEGO Island 2 cards, now there are cards from users here, and more will come, and also the addition of Sky Lane, Enter, Return and even Rocket Racer. As I'm good with everybody, you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum, the great forum, that is Rock Raiders United.

Thanks everybody for this great place for LEGO games resources and nice stuff. Here is my gift for you.

DOWNLOADS:

New Version (1.0):

Download

Dowload ScreenSaver

Newest Version (2.0):

Download

Last Version (3.0):

Download

Latest version: 3.0

Latest features:

• Music and Background Changer now in options!
  • You can change the card opacity!
  • You can save your settings, so next time you open the app your settings are saved!
  • Now music is in OGG Format
  • There is still a bug, it will show what is when you quit the options menu.
  • I couldn't get the missing cards in time for christmas, we had to go out several times, so this doesn't have the Brickster card and #19 card, sorry :( Card addition on this version: Pascal

li2cards4.png

licards8.png

Merry Christmas =)

I hope you enjoy it.

If you want to appear in the application, put a reference image below to represent you.

@Game maker programmers:

If you would like the Source Code, ask it and I'll send you via PM.

My ears! They burn! :P

These are sorta like Christmas Cards, right? Interesting concept.

It loads full screen upon launch, so it may be in order to change the text (and remove the shadow).

It is not immediately obvious you have to switch using your arrow keys. I tried to click them. :P

I can hardly read the text below the RRU logo. ;)

The music is really loud, and I had a hard time hearing the (only) SFX.

While on the topic of music, some different tracks would be nice. :)

I'm not going to post an image of me just yet, because I need to eat dinner. ;)

Ok, I will make it better, while for the music, the music is actually a remix of the original "Cards Screen" from GBC LEGO Island 2 I made, and I will make it less louder.

And I will do those things in the next version, maybe a music changer!

So why include strangers from other (unrelated?) forums?

you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum, the great forum, that is Rock Raiders United.

If I understood correctly, he's going to post this on another forum too, as a gift from us.

Nice work!

Aren't we suppose to use sigfigs?

Just a thought cause it's LEGO lol

Nice

If you going to put me in, please use this Pic http://fav.me/d5o1qjf

Sollux Captor is gonna be mad when he finds out you stole his glasses.

Yeah, maybe. But i'm still looking forward with the idea of making them 2 side cards, with a plain description on them, just like in IXS, what do you think?

And thanks that you all like it :)

Also Cyrem there is a secret phrase on your card too... just try moving your head to positions with less light so you can see the message :P

I like it.

Just wondering, what language did you program it in? The fact that all the resources are built in makes me suspect Flash.

It is probably game maker, i can see that some effects like the glow around the lego island logo is made with the build in sprite editor.

I like it.

Just wondering, what language did you program it in? The fact that all the resources are built in makes me suspect Flash.

It is probably game maker, i can see that some effects like the glow around the lego island logo is made with the build in sprite editor.

Yeah, it was game maker. But you can tell it just seeing that you toggle Full Screen with F4.

If you guys want the source I can upload it

And I released a really neat thing along with this:

LEGO Island Cards Screensaver

This, as a screensaver, won't have music at all, but still sounds, you can't control them with arrows and stuff, the app itself scrolls between the cards.

In every update from now on, the ScreenSaver will be included with the actual program.

Here is the download:

Download

enjoy :D

EDIT:

And a new update,

the ZIP contains the application + ScreenSaver.

check out the changelog on the first post :)

Triple Post

NO.

Cyrem, is there a way to bump topics (that you created of course) without having to double-post?

You don't.

You just edit the post.

If it's been a day or two then bump it

but two posts less than five hours apart is silly, wait a while longer or it will seem like you're just trying to get your topics noticed way too hard.

I have a problem. Both of the LI1 songs refuse to play for me. Also, are the cards supposed to be slightly translucent? You can see the background moving through them if you look very closely. Other than that, nice job on the 2.0 version!

I have a problem. Both of the LI1 songs refuse to play for me. Also, are the cards supposed to be slightly translucent? You can see the background moving through them if you look very closely. Other than that, nice job on the 2.0 version!

I don't really know why it doesn't work :/

And yes, the cards were supposed to be a bit translucent, but in the next version - a full options screen with more backgrounds and 9 musics, this time the musics are in OGG and you can play them outside of the application too.

And it can save changes as an .ini file, so everytime you run the application it loads your settings.

Here is some screens:

licards9.png

licards10.png

licards11.png

licards12.png

^

this:

you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum

you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum

Why call it the "RRU Special" if you have other people in it? Just leave it as RRU members or get rid of RRU special.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.