Are you ready to ready BEEP to BEEP BEEP are you BEEP ready... HELP!

lu9

This is some really odd bug in the game, when I click on the door to close the game, it goes perfectly if I don't move the mouse... if I move the mouse some weird BEEP sounds and The Infomaniac's jumping animation starts over again every time, and after you move the mouse a little bit the game makes a last beep, everything freezes and the game quits.

How to fix that problem?!

I already put to run it in compatibility, the 3D dll thingy is there, and 256 color mode, what fixes that bug?!

It worked while in Windowed mode using the Windower... that is really strange, lol.

And I had fraps, maybe a really old version that recorded really bad videos, now I dont have anymore. :

I guess I will play in Windowed mode then

Now please tell me how to do the "are you ready to le" and "green red brick you stay" glitches plz

If you have fraps open in the background (doesn't need to be recording), you don't get that glitch...

No

the video I posted to says otherwise

It works for me.

I ran LEGO Island on a Win98 PC a few days ago. It didn't like Direct3D HAL on that either, but at least that glitch doesn't happen.

I ran LEGO Island on a Win98 PC a few days ago. It didn't like Direct3D HAL on that either, but at least that glitch doesn't happen.

Wha... LI was made to run on Win98 (actually, 95, but most of the programs for 95 will work on 98). I'm surprised it failed.

It worked while in Windowed mode using the Windower... that is really strange, lol.

I guess I will play in Windowed mode then

Wait wait, you mean LI ran correctly when you used the Windower, or it worked correct before and during the Windower, but switching it back messed up the game? I'm not exactly following you...

no, it always gave that beep thing, when I played LI windowed, it doesn't fail on the end, but if I switch back to full screen the fail returns

THAT MEANS:

When in Full Screen, ending the game is bugged up

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Meh, I've never known D3D HAL to work well on any computer I've tried. Granted I don't have any old computers with 3D acceleration unfortunately (at some point I want to build a Pentium III DOS/Windows 98 gaming rig), but it still has never worked properly for me.

Wha... LI was made to run on Win98 (actually, 95, but most of the programs for 95 will work on 98). I'm surprised it failed.

That's not all. My mum recently found the box for LEGO Island in the loft, and it had a note in there about setting it to MMX emulation.

That was for when we were running it on this Packard Bell:

Aa2CkAeCQAAkS85.jpg

Aa2CXTVCIAAIqVV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is some really odd bug in the game, when I click on the door to close the game, it goes perfectly if I don't move the mouse... if I move the mouse some weird BEEP sounds and The Infomaniac's jumping animation starts over again every time, and after you move the mouse a little bit the game makes a last beep, everything freezes and the game quits.

How to fix that problem?!

I already put to run it in compatibility, the 3D dll thingy is there, and 256 color mode, what fixes that bug?!

Try Running As Administrator.

OK. I'm having this same bug. I just installed it on the family Desktop 7 PC, set everything to run correctly just like Baz said, and upon first launch, it bugged. Windower has not been run (I should check the registry though to make sure I deleted them all). Can anybody help?

Win 7 Pro x64

AMD CPU and GPU

12GB RAM

EDIT: Now it is happening on Win8, and it wasn't before...

@lu9 How to fix this bug (at least, it worked for me on two different PCs):

Set CONFIG.EXE, LEGOISLE.EXE, and ISLE.EXE to run in Windows 98/ME Compatibility Mode, and as Admin. Tada! Bug be gone, no more Windowed mode. ;)

I can see how CONFIG.EXE need not have the compatibility. I was just following Baz's tutorial on how to run LI on Vista/7. LEGOISLE.EXE, however, should have it, as the default game shortcuts point to that instead of ISLE.EXE. If you have changed all your shortcuts to use ISLE, you don't need to apply it to the launcher.

• 5 months later...
Mr. Skeltal

@lu9 How to fix this bug (at least, it worked for me on two different PCs):

Set CONFIG.EXE, LEGOISLE.EXE, and ISLE.EXE to run in Windows 98/ME Compatibility Mode, and as Admin. Tada! Bug be gone, no more Windowed mode. e345633.png

@le717 that doesent seem to fix the exiting bug for me.

• 2 weeks later...

That's because as you may already heard, LEGO Island is an unfinished game, Exiting lego island wasn't entirely scripted, it was a placeholder script as well as the beep sound, that would have been a sound while touching the brick...

That's because as you may already heard, LEGO Island is an unfinished game, Exiting lego island wasn't entirely scripted, it was a placeholder script as well as the beep sound, that would have been a sound while touching the brick...

[citation needed]

• Like 3

Brickulator

I find that hard to believe since I've only ever seen the exit glitches on newer Windows OS's. LEGO Island always ran perfectly on my old 95 and 98 PCs back in the day and even XP handled it pretty well (not perfectly but I never saw any greenredbrickyouleleleleleleleBEEPBEEPreadyreadylelelegreenbrickyouredbrickyougoBEEPleleleBEEPleBEEP crap until I played it on Vista).

No it isn't.

The beep is, was intended to be, and always will be, the crash sound.

• Like 1

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I'm really tired of hearing things about the game being "unfinished". If this game qualifies as unfinished, then so does every other game in the entire world. They just ran out of time and couldn't add a few features they were hoping to. It's a perfectly normal part of making a game. In fact I got so tired of hearing about it that I took that statement off the Wikipedia page.
Anyway, it only seems to bug out on NT-based OSs, including Windows 2000. I have never had that happen on a 9x system, though I have never tried D3D HAL because none of my 9x computers support it. But for the most part, it usually runs the ending sequence just fine. In fact... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xyqXZDyR-RA#t=6146s

• Like 3

lol username

They just ran out of time and couldn't add a few features they were hoping to.

Were there even any real features that they didn't get in? Wes said they were able to fit in pretty much everything they had wanted to, and the only thing I can think of that's possibly "unfinished" is the ability to change the appearance of the bank and super store.
  • Like 1

Mr. Eight-Three-One

It was basically confusion caused by really poor choice of wording on Wikipedia. At one point there was a statement in the development section that said "Near the end of production, time ran out, and an unfinished version was released." It particularly shined on the comments of my Lego Island game walkthroughs, and it irritated me to no end. I don't know if there's anything beyond the building changing that didn't make it, but that's where that claim stems from. Goes to show you why Wikipedia has citation requirements in the first place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.