moddeling

Ryno226

over a period of time ive come up with RR vehicles of my own to put on the pc game. But im not a mod creator expert, Can someone help? or at least tell me whats possible and whats not

You need a program like Wings3D, Milkshape or Blender to model. Then you need Lightwave (specific version I don't remember) to make it usable in LRR.

Milkshape is around the $40 range and can make models for LRR without textures applied (only solid color and even then you have to mess with it a bit). Lightwave is in the $700 range and some versions work for exporting models, some for exporting animations, and others for both. I don't think Wings3D can directly export LWO5 models which is what LRR uses but it's a good program to use for learning.

There are some tutorials for modeling and texturing things for LRR on the forum. Here's one I wrote. There's a good one for texturing models in Lightwave written by PWNZOR here.

Lightwave can be purchased under the educational version for a significantly lower price, though it is still a somewhat large sum. I only really do modeling, as all my attempts at anything for animations have failed (the model disappears altogether). I think like v7 or something will do animations correctly, while newer versions will not. However, I am highly certain that all versions will allow models to export correctly, though some features will not be available (subpatched surfaces being one of them).

You could probably find a cheap copy of Lightwave 5.6, the exact tool the developers used for animating, floating around on eBay or something.

Lightwave 7.x, 8, and 10 all work properly as far as I know, though I'm not completely sure about 10. Lightwave 9 definitely does not format files for LRR properly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.