UCS-ish Metal Sonic Redesign

Phoenyx

gallery_932_193_27294.png

I know what you're probably thinking... "What the heck?" Well, I decided to build my own artist's interpretation of Eggman's (@Lair SEGA originally called him Eggman in Japan, so I only use Robotnik to refer to either the cartoonish design that's snooping as usual or the Kintobor family) #1 "Badnik", Metal Sonic.

My thought process was as follows:

"The turbine generator in the chest is too exposed. I'll replace it with a pair of smaller main turbines on the back."

"Well, this thing is supposed to be able to fly, but I don't see any control surfaces on the original. What's up with that?"

"I think I'll throw a bit of Zero from Mega Man in there and see if anyone notices."

"MORE ARTICULATION!!!"

"You know what? I'll throw in a bit of Mecha Sonic from the Sonic & Knuckles Mecha Madness special. I'm surprised no one payed attention to that one."

"Dang, I won't be able to fit the red optic sensors in there. Wait, I know... I'll make the sensor visor itself red!"

This is what happens when you let me redesign things.

@Lair SEGA originally called him Eggman in Japan, so I only use Robotnik to refer to either the cartoonish design that's snooping as usual or the Kintobor family

@Lair

I want an explanation for this :|

@Lair SEGA originally called him Eggman in Japan, so I only use Robotnik to refer to either the cartoonish design that's snooping as usual or the Kintobor family

@Lair

I want an explanation for this :|

I was just explaining my reasoning for referring to the "good" doctor as Eggman. Last time I brought it up, we got into a slight debate.

I was just explaining my reasoning for referring to the "good" doctor as Eggman. Last time I brought it up, we got into a slight debate.

But you seemed to be acting like I was against that name or something

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.