Photo

LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

JimbobJeffers

Guys im a noob to Lego racers modding,How do i apply these mods after i downloaded them? do i use the PatchIt program?

Ah, I just realised there is no tutorial for it. I may write one soon :)

Anyway, for now PatchIt! is probably the easiest method, but this mod doesn't use it. For this reason you will need to extract the .JAM file in your game directory using

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, then merge the mod folders with the extracted game folders, and finally recompile the folders with the same tool.

• Fasamanda thanked this

le717

Guys im a noob to Lego racers modding,How do i apply these mods after i downloaded them? do i use the PatchIt program?

Ah, I just realised there is no tutorial for it. I may write one soon :)

Anyway, for now PatchIt! is probably the easiest method, but this mod doesn't use it. For this reason you will need to extract the .JAM file in your game directory using

, then merge the mod folders with the extracted game folders, and finally recompile the folders with the same tool.

So it doesn't. But I wonder what @

would say to me making a PatchIt! Patch for it, V1.1.0 Unstable so it would not need to be updated in a few days week or so?

Kenney

Kenney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Sorry for not replying, you're free to create a PatchIt version of it!

Rock Raider fan no.1

Rock Raider fan no.1

Hello condiment boy!

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

I can give a hand with that. I have some really high-quality sound fonts on hand that I can use to remaster the original songs.

What might those be? I really like soundfonts!

plakrast

I'm not the only one here who thinks this (I saw that Cyrem mentioned it earlier) but I would really prefer to keep all the textures close to exactly the same, except in high definition. I guess it's just being so used to what was already there and the nostalgia, etc, but I personally would love if the grass was, well... grass, instead of Lego studs. It gave the race tracks a different feel, which I liked better. Take note that this work you've done is amazing, and I'm not saying the quality of the textures is bad or anything, but I'd like to be maybe a little more vanilla with them? Maybe? If I'm the only one who thinks this anymore, I sincerely apologize, but I just wanted to say that. Anyway, I hope you can continue work on this soon. :)

• James Gryphon thanked this

Kenney

Kenney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Looking back at the project I think you're right. I'm going to stick closer to the original textures from now on, still have to find time though :( hopefully soon!

plakrast

Looking back at the project I think you're right. I'm going to stick closer to the original textures from now on, still have to find time though :( hopefully soon!

Hopefully! Of course, take what I said not as an insult at all, but just some input. I wasn't trying to say what you've done is bad, as I mentioned. Anyway, get what you need to be finished finished, and then work on this. Still, don't forget us! :)

Xiron

from 2 pages before Phoenyx said something about remastering the music. So you could rip the music from the N64 version because it actually uses soundbanks instead of VOX files.

And the program for ripping it most likely would beeeeee,

(LR is on the list)
Also, I did wonder whatever happened to Pheonyx doing that.

natcO

great work kenny,i really like it! and hopefully,far in the future,this will be done and we will have lego racers hd complete! :lol:

johnythundermasterb

johnythundermasterb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Any updates on this? Just discovered it, very keen to see what else has been done!

• Cloudstrife987 thanked this

BlazeD

BlazeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Are you still working on this project?

Anyways, it looks very nice :glasses:

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

As you can see he hasn't been online for about 10 months now, so you can conclude that there is not going to happen anything within the next months or years... unless he returns shortly.

mumboking

He does have a twitter account, but it's probably not a good idea to bug him too much.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

No he isn't working on the project anymore, he's too busy with other things. I spoke with him about it on skype sometime ago.

natcO

he's too busy with other things.
I hope said "other things" includes ert.