Kenney

LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

108 posts in this topic

Are you still working on this project?

Anyways, it looks very nice :glasses:

As you can see he hasn't been online for about 10 months now, so you can conclude that there is not going to happen anything within the next months or years... unless he returns shortly.

He does have a twitter account, but it's probably not a good idea to bug him too much.

No he isn't working on the project anymore, he's too busy with other things. I spoke with him about it on skype sometime ago.

he's too busy with other things.
I hope said "other things" includes ert.

Kenney hasn't been on since October 27th last year so I doubt you'll be hearing from him any time soon, sorry.

Hey guys, before you get all excited: not back to return to the project, sorry!

There's been a great deal of changes and my game studio has picked up some really awesome projects which (unfortunately for you guys) mean that all my time and efforts go into those. I won't be sharing the vector source files with the public, there's a couple of reasons. First, it's been a while and the quality of those textures isn't up to par of what I release nowadays. Next to that, since I've got my own game studio, I'd like to make sure I don't get into any trouble with LEGO or any other company for releasing their materials.

I've recently been contacted by community member lordtobi909 on Twitter regarding sharing the assets. Here's what he said:

"(...) and ARE in the talks with LEGO actually. In the meantime, could you hand me the original vector graphics files for everything LEGO you have?"

"(...) yes, but that is why we at RRU are in talks with them, but as long as we do not have it through we do not expect people aiming at revenue to work on things like LEGO Racers HD."

"So, could you provide us the vector files you already have, please?"

"So you are hopping on the "just not going to answer" train?" (I didn't answer for a day, shame on me.)

"And when you just stopped answering on Sunday, I had to believe you were no longer interested in even talking about it, which is considered in modern terms as 'abandonware'."

That's how you don't ask for source files.

2 people like this