LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

Kenney

I had figured they'd be gradients, because wouldn't there be tons more SKB files if they contained only single-color/texure data?

Hows it going Kenny, loving what you are doing. Just to confirm, the circuit testing track is completed right?

It's pretty much completed, needs some reworking here and there. I'm currently busy with my own company, so won't be able to have time for LEGO Racers.

Don't know if I could be any help, but I was trying to recreate the font High Voltage used during the beta tests for the game, here. Haven't found the time to complete it though.

from 2 pages before Phoenyx said something about remastering the music. So you could rip the music from the N64 version because it actually uses soundbanks instead of VOX files. You can get those, put remastered soundfonts and then maybe Kenney would think about it...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

This is just a post to ensure everyone I still exist. Still busy with my own game, will get back to this after that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Nope, sorry :( switching jobs etc. etc., very busy unfortunately.

Haven't forgot about the project though, but it might be better to 'allow' others to contribute their HD textures and make it a community project.

• 1 month later...

Guys im a noob to Lego racers modding,How do i apply these mods after i downloaded them? do i use the PatchIt program?

Ah, I just realised there is no tutorial for it. I may write one soon :)

Anyway, for now PatchIt! is probably the easiest method, but this mod doesn't use it. For this reason you will need to extract the .JAM file in your game directory using this tool, then merge the mod folders with the extracted game folders, and finally recompile the folders with the same tool.

Guys im a noob to Lego racers modding,How do i apply these mods after i downloaded them? do i use the PatchIt program?

Ah, I just realised there is no tutorial for it. I may write one soon :)

Anyway, for now PatchIt! is probably the easiest method, but this mod doesn't use it. For this reason you will need to extract the .JAM file in your game directory using this tool, then merge the mod folders with the extracted game folders, and finally recompile the folders with the same tool.

So it doesn't. But I wonder what @Kenney would say to me making a PatchIt! Patch for it, V1.1.0 Unstable so it would not need to be updated in a few days week or so?

• 4 weeks later...
Leumeister

I can give a hand with that. I have some really high-quality sound fonts on hand that I can use to remaster the original songs.

What might those be? I really like soundfonts!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not the only one here who thinks this (I saw that Cyrem mentioned it earlier) but I would really prefer to keep all the textures close to exactly the same, except in high definition. I guess it's just being so used to what was already there and the nostalgia, etc, but I personally would love if the grass was, well... grass, instead of Lego studs. It gave the race tracks a different feel, which I liked better. Take note that this work you've done is amazing, and I'm not saying the quality of the textures is bad or anything, but I'd like to be maybe a little more vanilla with them? Maybe? If I'm the only one who thinks this anymore, I sincerely apologize, but I just wanted to say that. Anyway, I hope you can continue work on this soon. :)

• Like 1

Looking back at the project I think you're right. I'm going to stick closer to the original textures from now on, still have to find time though :( hopefully soon!

Looking back at the project I think you're right. I'm going to stick closer to the original textures from now on, still have to find time though :( hopefully soon!

Hopefully! Of course, take what I said not as an insult at all, but just some input. I wasn't trying to say what you've done is bad, as I mentioned. Anyway, get what you need to be finished finished, and then work on this. Still, don't forget us! :)

Fluffy Cupcake

from 2 pages before Phoenyx said something about remastering the music. So you could rip the music from the N64 version because it actually uses soundbanks instead of VOX files.

And the program for ripping it most likely would beeeeee, this? (LR is on the list)

Also, I did wonder whatever happened to Pheonyx doing that.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
johnythundermasterb

Any updates on this? Just discovered it, very keen to see what else has been done!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.