LEGO Galaxy Squad

Cyrem

So next year LEGO is bringing out a new theme called Galaxy Squad (well it's actually released now in Canada I hear).

Pictures: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Some of the sets look interesting, I'm liking the gun design of the team (new LRR Laser Beam anyone?) and the two ships shown. The bug side of things remind me of insectoids... however I think they could have been more creative with the bugs (Mosquito honestly?).

I can see them making more sets for this theme, I might pick up one or two.

Next year and only in Canada right now? I just purchased three of these sets from the local LEGO store a few hours ago, and I'm in the southern USA. :P

Next year and only in Canada right now? I just purchased three of these sets from the local LEGO store a few hours ago, and I'm in the southern USA. :P

They aren't even on the LEGO Product page yet and Bricklink only has a few sets.

For the rest of the world, we will need to wait till next year.

They aren't even on the LEGO Product page yet and Bricklink only has a few sets.

For the rest of the world, we will need to wait till next year.

They don't have a products page but they are on the shop: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Galaxy-Squad-ByTheme

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30wEJVSY4ro

WHOAWAITWHATHOLDONNOW.

Only in Canada, NOW? And I'm MISSING OUT on this!?!?

In CANADA. Before the States.

I thought I'd never see the day. I MUST ACQUIRE SOME GALAXY QUEST, PRONTO.

O.T.

Then again, I did get a Galaxy PLAYER... So I think I can wait until my birthday...

Only in Canada, NOW?

I MUST ACQUIRE SOME GALAXY QUEST, PRONTO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Quest

So... It's like what happened with Power Miners? LEGO takes a beloved theme and modernizes it?

At least I get some Insectoids-like sets. I always did want some.

beloved theme

No. Insectoids.

Are you saying that Insectoids wasn't a good theme? I mean, to each thier own I guess.

I don't believe Lair likes it. I don't mind it myself.

I do believe Lair likes it doesn't own any of the sets but is fascinated with the concept. I was pointing it out because it seems a lot of others don't like it. It doesn't reflect my views.

IMAGINE THAT

why would I not like a 90s theme anyway

After giving it some thought, I think I'm ready to give my opinion on the sets.

I like the earth ships. They actually remind me of the old UFO theme in a way, with a little "Life on Mars" mixed in.

The bugs, on the other hand... I liked insectoids when I was a kid. These things are ruining my childhood.

Ultimately, though...

I'd like my Shell Fuel Station and Spybots back instead of this, if you don't mind.

This. Space bugs are great and all, but I want something I can actually mess around with so I'm not bored all the time (not that I can't do that with space bugs, but these days the standard models are so fragile you can't really do anything with them except display them on a shelf - the architectural series models hold together better!). I think I'll get back into flying RC helicopters...

Just finished building the Vermin Vaporizer last night, and it's easily one of my favorite modern space sets. The driver actually sits in a smaller little buggy, and the front of the vehicle flips down into a ramp so it can drive on out. The turret on the back also can stand up and become a sweet little individual mech. Despite how it can split up into three vehicles, though, the entire thing feels really solid and looks great. The minifigures are excellent, too.

I think the one set I will have to get NO MATTER WHAT (regarding if I ever end up with no money, and not many LEGO sets this year) would have to be the Swarm Interceptor. That thing is all kinds of awesome. And if possible, I'll be getting as many of the Galaxy Squad sets as possible.

And is it just me, or does the Red robot sidekick remind me a lot of Admiral Ackbar???

I'd like my Shell Fuel Station and Spybots back instead of this, if you don't mind.

I just noticed this thread now... and I couldn't agree with you more. I wanted that stuff so badly when it came out. >.<

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.