Startup Crash Windows 7

testott

I recently moved, and as I'm unpacking a bunch of boxes and I happen upon my old LRR game CD, I decided to pop it in and see if I could play it. Of course, as expected, I run into the d3drm.dll problem but solve it. I manage to solve it and install the game, and I play it just fine. I beat Frozen Frenzy (coincidentally the only level name that I remember from the game) but realized that the game is a lot more fun with the videos on, so I eventually find this site. I downloaded the codec as instructed and tried to install it multiple times, but I had lots of problems with the installer. First some small loading window would pop up and nothing would happen, and occasionally it would go past that to another small loading window but then stop. This happened numerous times, untill finally the installer decided that it would work for once. I installed the codec (after a 10 minute wait while it was 'detecting for running instances of Netscape' or whatever where it wasn't responding) and then ran the game, and the screen went black as if loading the game, then went back to my desktop and a window tells me that the game isn't responding, and then I have to quit. I tried multiple times to run it, and sometimes it just doesn't load all together. I run it in Windows 98 Compatibility, 256 colors, 640 x 480 screen resolution, Disabled visual themes, disabled desktop composition, and ran it as an administrator. I honestly don't know what went wrong, but it would help if you could solve the problem. I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

It sounds like you've broken the codec install. Try removing it. It might be that LRR is trying to use broken codecs and breaking horribly.

Edit: Also try this: http://ninite.com/klitecodecs/

Well the thing is, I already tried a self-save by uninstalling the codec, and nothing changed. I also tried that link and ran the installer, now a black screen doesn't even pop up and it doesn't tell me that it's not responding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.