Modded Map crashes on map loading screen.

Bubbleman

I have a map i made, in the Level01 folder, which seems to be fine.

49875LRRCM.PNG

The CFG seems to be fine also.

8628LRRCFG.PNG

The Game Starts normally. I select Play Game, select Driller Night, and it brings the loading screen up, then crashes.

Any ideas?

Your CFG checks out, just make sure that the file names are correct and that all required files are present.

It's doing that for me without a custom map installed, so it might be something else.

Make sure your ol file is in order and that you are telling the game to reference the right files. I have reason to believe that the files are loaded in the same order that they appear in the cfg, so if all else fails, break, test, then unbreak, the lines one at a time in the order that they appear in the cfg. When the crash point that the point stops changing, you have your file. The challenge is determining said point.

Does the game crash when loading any other level or just this level? I've had the game crash on me because I did something I shouldn't elsewhere in the cfg.

I hope to eliminate problems like this with LMS. I'm starting the cfg checker part now, so when that's done you can run it and see if it doesn't find anything.

Edit: Of course it could be the map files themselves and nothing related to the cfg. Either way, issues like these don't need to happen.

I have re-saved the map, generated a new .npl file, checked the cfg again and the other default levels all load correctley, but it still crashes. I don't know what's up.

The OL seems fine. I'll post it's text here for checking anyway:

Lego* {

Object1 {

type Toolstation

xPos 8.500000

yPos 10.500000

heading 90.000000

}

Camera {

type TVCamera

xPos 8.500000

yPos 9.500000

heading 90.000000

}

Object3 {

type Pilot

xPos 9.500000

yPos 9.500000

heading 90.000000

}

Object4 {

type Pilot

xPos 9.500000

yPos 9.500000

heading 90.000000

}

Object5 {

type Pilot

xPos 9.500000

yPos 8.500000

heading 90.000000

}

Object6 {

type Pilot

xPos 10.500000

yPos 9.500000

heading 90.000000

}

}

Also, no, no PTL file. Do i need one?

Also, no, no PTL file. Do i need one?

Grab one from one of the other levels, throw it in the folder and rename it accordingly. That might fix it. Maybe not. Worth a shot.

In your OL, rename Object3 > Object2, Object4 > Object3, Object5 > Object4 and Object6 > Object5. Then move the camera section above Object1

This will just see if its an ordering problem.

That might fix it. Maybe not. Worth a shot.

The PTL is the local... event tree, I guess. If event A happens then the game should do event B. It seems like it handles basic task management for raiders and monsters too, mostly to tell them to move once they set a waypoint. Without it the game explodes and I'm not sure why because all of it could have been hardcoded.

It's not because I guess DDI wanted that flexibility. Mr. White seems to be on a lot more, so he may be able to explain why that desire was there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.