Enable Manual control over your car

Cyrem

Imagine actually controlling your car in Stunt Rally? Dream come true... well... wish granted.

Yes I'm serious.

• Create a shortcut to _msr.exe
  • Right Click the shortcut and click on properties
  • At the end of the 'Target' path add "/FREEFORM" (without quotes) after the file closing quote. (e.g "C:Program Files (x86)LEGOStunt Rally_msr.exe" /FREEFORM
  • You can combine mulitple parameters such as the no disc one too.
  • Optionally add "/IGTEST" to stop car respawns.

It's a little sensitve... but who cars! so much better.

Enjoy!

• Like 9

The only way I got Stunt Track Rally to work was by selecting the disk and using the main launcher that appeared. _msr.exe for me runs for a few seconds and then quits out without an error message. Sad face.

Edit: I used the /FROMLAUNCHER and it works now. I'm going with multiple parameters then.

• 1 year later...

Now if only we had a way to disable the constant car respawning...

I should have told you this 2 years ago buuut, add "/IGTEST" to stop respawns.

• Like 7

I should have told you this 2 years ago buuut, add "/IGTEST" to stop respawns.

Yes.

You should have.

EDIT: , can you edit your post to say that /IGTEST will cause glitches in mud puddles if you get stuck?

EDIT2:

This means we can make multiplayer games where you can take shortcuts/other routes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I made this account for this one purpose, help! I am trying to relive my childhood with this game, I got a no disc free version that works flawlessly, but I would really appreciate it and be forever grateful if someone would help me get this free controlling and no respawn thing working. I tried the steps you listed and my car is still auto controlled. Thanks so much! -Tyler

I tried the steps you listed and my car is still auto controlled. Thanks so much! -Tyler

You did run it from the shortcut and not the .exe, right?

Right-click on the shortcut you made, select Properties, and then tell me what appears in the "Target" box. You might have stuffed something up there.

"C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Stunt Rally_msr.exe" /FREEFORM /IGTEST

That is what the shortcut to _msr.exe says. I now have a version of this game that I installed from an ISO so it's exactly like the original disk. _msr.exe fails to open. I can run the game by opening the Stunt Rally exe and then hitting PLAY but the msr will not open by itself. 

"C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Stunt Rally_msr.exe" /FREEFORM /IGTEST

That is what the shortcut to _msr.exe says. I now have a version of this game that I installed from an ISO so it's exactly like the original disk. _msr.exe fails to open. I can run the game by opening the Stunt Rally exe and then hitting PLAY but the msr will not open by itself. 

To the list of parametes you have there, also add "/FROMLAUNCHER" and give that a whirl.

So last night I figured out I needed the /FROMLAUNCHER and it worked flawlessly. I'm also playing this game using my PS3 controller >:) right analog stick is the mouse and R3 is click so I don't have to put the controller down for anything. If anyone would like to know how to use a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller for this game and all other games and full control of your PC feel free to ask (all free) but you guys seem like you know what's up.
One thing though, I found these other parameters in the _msr.exe file, anybody know what all of these do?

/FILES  /DEBUGINFO  /WINDOWED   /FREEFORM   RESTART /LOAD_TEXT  /RES_FILES  /IGTEST /XAFTOXBF   /NORES  /NOINTROVIDEO   /CDIN   /FROMLAUNCHER   /ALLAI 

• Like 2

One thing though, I found these other parameters in the _msr.exe file, anybody know what all of these do?

/FILES  /DEBUGINFO  /WINDOWED   /FREEFORM   RESTART /LOAD_TEXT  /RES_FILES  /IGTEST /XAFTOXBF   /NORES  /NOINTROVIDEO   /CDIN   /FROMLAUNCHER   /ALLAI 

The only one I can find that isn't already mentioned in this thread is /NOINTROVIDEO, which does what it says. Not sure about the others, I can't see a thread for it on RRU. It'd be handy to have considering we've got parameters for many other games.

/XAFTOXBF, eh...? Will's been looking at Stunt Rally formats today, I'll bet he'll have some things to say about that... XBF = Stunt Rally's models.

• lol username unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 12/18/2014 at 12:22 PM, TykeDean said:

I don't know if you'll see this, but what version/release of the game do you have/what's the size and date info on your _msr.exe file? I looked in mine and the only parameters I could find were:

AVCCommandLineParser@@    /FILES  /FREEFORM   RESTART /IGTEST /XAFTOXBF   /NOINTROVIDEO   /FROMLAUNCHER

I can't find any of the others you mentioned in any of my Stunt Rally-related executables. My _msr.exe file is Dated Friday, October 06, 2000, 3:12:32 PM (I'm in US CST), and is 1,785,913 bytes. The signature description lists it as version 0.3.8.1, "Copyright © 2000 Intelligent Games Ltd". Dunno if it's at all relevant, but my StuntRally.exe is from Wednesday, September 13, 2000, 11:56:34 AM, is 421,888 bytes, and is signed as version 0.3.7.9, "Copyright (C) 1999". My copy of the game seems to be the original NA release version by LEGO Media International, IB2G-STUFRS 2298851.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.