Very off-topic, but perhaps some of you can help

rrcoder

I thought while I'm here, I may as well ask if some of you might be able to help...

I have a new company I'm trying to get off the ground (this is a side-project, but we're hoping to get recognized and eventually be used at events such as E3, Comic-Con, PAX)...

Backstory...

Last weekend, I entered something called 'Startup Weekend', where a load of strangers come together, form teams around great ideas, then spend 54 hours hacking something together and creating a business from scratch around the idea. All of the teams then compete by presenting their idea/product in front of a panel of judges. My team (Team EXMO) won our local event.

We then had a few hours to throw together a 90 second video about our idea, and we're now battling the winners from all around the world. It's open to a public vote for the next few days, and then after the 27th the top 15 ideas go in front of a panel of judges.

If you can help me out by voting for my team by hitting the red Vote button next to the video, that would be amazing!! You can vote once per day until the 27th, and as an added bonus you'll even be able to see me acting in the video :af: (I'm in the yellow/white striped shirt).

Edit... A link might help. You can reach out voting page directly at http://voteforEXMO.com or using this direct link: http://bit.ly/T0qXhq

Is this what you're talking about? http://tampa.startupweekend.org/2012/11/21/the-global-startup-battle-has-begun-and-exmo-needs-our-help/

Please confirm if that's the right link or if there's another we'll have to use. I'm sure most of us will lend you our support.

Is this what you're talking about? http://tampa.startup...needs-our-help/

Please confirm if that's the right link or if there's another we'll have to use. I'm sure most of us will lend you our support.

Yes, that's the one :) I've edited my post with a link. That would have been sensible to include in the first place :D

(Just a heads-up... It's a crappy facebook contest using 'Offer Pop', an app which you have to add to vote. You can remove the app after voting ends though, and it doesn't do anything other than allow voting)

(Just a heads-up... It's a crappy facebook contest using 'Offer Pop', an app which you have to add to vote. You can remove the app after voting ends though, and it doesn't do anything other than allow voting)

:/

Is there any way to vote without using facebook? I lack such a thing.

(On a side note, if Extreme lives up to his friending everybody, he could probably pull in lots of votes for you :af:)

• Like 1

Is there any way to vote without using facebook? I lack such a thing.

I'm not entirely sure. I believe it *may* be possible to do it through the Offer Pop website... I'll take a look.

EDIT: Looks like the vote can be accessed from outside facebook (here), but it then requires you to log into facebook in order to cast your vote. I really dislike this voting system :(

Bleh, I hate facebook only things. It's as if they assume everyone has Facebook. >_>

Yeah, I really dislike the voting system they've picked. I also discovered yesterday that people have been "buying" votes. I think one team got disqualified for it, because they posted on a freelancer site asking for someone to create 1000 shill accounts, and vote with them... and the guy stupidly used his real name!!

……………………………………..________

………………………………,.-‘â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.“~.,

………………………..,.-â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..“-.,

…………………….,/………………………………………..â€:,

…………………,?………………………………………………,

………………./…………………………………………………..,}

……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}

……………/……………………………………………,:â€â€¦â€¦â€¦/

…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../

…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./

………../(_….â€~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/

……….{.._$;_……â€=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~â€;/….}

………..((…..*~_…….â€=-._……“;,,./`…./â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦../

…,,,___.`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../

…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-â€

…………/.`~,……`-………………………….……/

………….`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..,__

,,_……….}.>-._……………………………..|…………..`=~-,

…..`=~-,__……`,……………………………

……………….`=~-,,.,………………………….

…………………………..`:,,………………………`…………..__

……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“

…………………………………._……….._,-%…….`

……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

It's annoying that people are trying to game the system, since it makes it so tough for us to do well with genuine votes.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake
It's annoying that people are trying to game the system, since it makes it so tough for us to do well with genuine votes.
Well at least the team got caught. Hopefully there aren't any more dishonest people.

I don't have Facebook, but my sister does. I'll ask her if she can vote for me. :P Cool concept, too!

Thanks for helping! I really appreciate every vote we get (even if we have slipped *way* behind) :)

JrMasterModelBuilder

What a horrible voting system. . .

Anyway, after lowering my blast shields pausing my tracker blocking addons, I voted for you!

Watched the video and voted.

Sounds like a great idea. Posting updates on seminars and conventions via app. If more people catch wind of this, then it could be an extremely useful tool...

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Thanks everyone for your help so far. In gratitude, I'm going to have another rummage through the old LRR backup disks to see if there is anything I could possibly find for you guys.

I would vote, but I don't use facebook (and don't ask why, I could go for months on that topic).

I understand, but thanks anyway :)

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.