Tutorial: Change the Brick Colors

CaptainGolem

Well, DA, DC, DP, and DS aren't on the list. So there is still those four that I would like to know.

Yup, just noticed that too.

DP seems to be the normal blocks

DA the speedy blocks

DC the space blocks

and DP the castle blocks

I hadn't included the bricks as they weren't textures. However, if there's demand for it, I can make a tutorial on this too.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello,i read various topics here in the forum,about changing colours of bricks and i had an idea:to change manually the cars colors of the bosses.For example,the original ai car of Gipsy Moth has light blue pieces,so i've got this color from gm_brks.bmp in Gamedata/common and applied this to gm_tires and gm_cmap1 in Menudata/piecedb.After i compiled the .jam and start the game,it crash for a depth color,so a trasparency problem i think.What should i correct?maybe some binary files?If you help me,this should be a good idead to get original bosses car at least.Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
Superdante12

Hello guys I have recieved this error when I try to mod the bricks to green

It says

File: CR_CSET.LEB

Expected Keyword

Any kind solve can help me solve this matter ?

I already used the notepad ++ anyway. 

grappigegovert

I'm not sure what the exact problem is in your situation, but I advise editing the file (or any other LR file ending in .**B) with the dedicated LR binary editor:

On 1/31/2013 at 6:23 PM, mumboking said:

I have managed to add pink, but it messed up other things in the process...

LEGORacersPinkBrick.png

I did this by modifying the following files in MENUDATAPIECEDB

LPIECEHI.MDB, L_COLORS.LEB and CR_CSET.LEB

You might be able to figure out what I did from looking at those files.

I know this topic is old, but I was wondering if you were able to share how you were able to change the color of the chassis.

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, Zri said:

I know this topic is old, but I was wondering if you were able to share how you were able to change the color of the chassis.

I also know this question is old, but I just found out how do this , this is how you do it:

"LPIECEHI.MDB" and "LPIECELO.MDB" hold the material properties of the textures of the bricks AND the chassis. But that's not all. They also have RGB values of the colors listed "L_COLORS.LEB".

In order to change the colors you need the edit the following in "LPIECEHI.MDB" and "LPIECELO.MDB":

Spoiler

}
    k_27    // Material
    "red"  // This would be the name of the color you want to edit.
    {
        k_29    // Diffuse Color
        k_28    // Ambient Color
    }
    k_27    // Material
    "redaa"  // I'm not sure what "aa" means, but in-game, this would be the color of the textures of the studs.
    {
        k_29    // Diffuse Color
        k_28    // Ambient Color
        k_2C    // Texture Name
        "adnubint"
        k_2D
        k_2B
    }

The first, second and third values of "K_29" and "K_28" correspond to RGB, and the fourth value is transparency. 
Example:

Before:

Spoiler

bJPawCY.png

After:

Spoiler

u2eXpcM.png

I hope this is useful for anyone looking how to do this. ?

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.