Heavy Transport Vehicle

Phoenyx

You know, I have to admit I found it weird that the Small transport truck was called a Small Transport Truck even though there isn't a Large Transport Truck. Well, I decided to build my interpretation of one in LDD.

gallery_932_193_95073.png

It's big. That's really all I can say. Well, that and I decided to take some artistic license and update the look of the chassis, which was originally going to be based on the Large Mobile Laser Cutter. I may actually make reinterpretations of the original vehicle designs later.

I used those angled roof components to make the warning stripes on the side, similar to how the original Anakin's Pod Racer used them on the back of the cockpit.

When I scrolled the page down the first thing I said was "holy brick." This thing is incredible. Do you have more pictures from different angles?

When I scrolled the page down the first thing I said was "holy brick." This thing is incredible. Do you have more pictures from different angles?

I do, actually.

It looks really awesome. It would fit in-game, I think. I like how the wheelscreens are sloping, and that it is so low.

Thanks. I tried to make it look a bit more high-tech, as though it was a newer version of the chassis compared to the in-game vehicles.

Anyway, more screenshots:

gallery_932_193_35881.png

gallery_932_193_121660.png

gallery_932_193_227802.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving it. Have you considered actually converting it to LegoRR? It's quite impressive.

I'd actually have to ask someone to port the model for me. I just can't seem to figure it out even by using your method.

I really do love this thing. It's fantastic. It has the RR feel to it while deviating from the (weak/crappy) structuring the original designs of Rock Raiders to something more stable. That's the sort of stuff I really like (if you couldn't tell by some of the MOCs I've made)

I too would like to see this in-game. I'd say IRL but I doubt some of those bricks exist in that color.

• 1 year later...

(I've repaired some broken links in this topic)

I don't ever recall seeing this one, it's a great design and really gives off a "big & beefy" vibe which is perfect for LRR. Now that I come to think of it, why on earth does LRR not have a heavy transport vehicle? There is a so much ore everywhere and it's an absolute waste of time having all the raiders run forever and back to deliver 1 piece of ore. A more efficient way of doing things would have been RR's running to the closest heavy transport and loading it up. That way you can just slowly move this thing around with your mining team.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.