LR Textures

Cyrem

Fluffy Cupcake

Rest of Circuit 2(5) ripped! (Meaning Tribal Island Trial, Ice Planet Pathway, and Amazon Adventure Alley)
https://www.box.com/s/ifr60egmkuxgta4k0xv4

Btw Cyrem, you should sticky this topic, don't cha think?

Edit: Was just redirecting my previous "textured ripped!" to first post, and I want the following to be deleted by whoever is capable of doing so:
DAD%20Textures_978450.zip
LR Textures_460798.zip
LR%20Textures_556178.zip

Thanks in advance!

Fluffy Cupcake

:D

Rest of stuff in COMMON folder (excluding language folders) ripped. 76 new textures!

https://www.box.com/s/wiw2m2wpfb4xsw4a144i

Edit: Updated to cap all .BMP extensions.

BTW, I forgot to ask last post. Does anyone know where the texture ROCKPART is used on Adventure Temple Trail (RACEC2R2)? I had to switch it with another texture to rip it. Cause I have no idea where/if it is used.

------------------------

Edit 2: Anyone else getting "Attempt to read past file end" when editing the pre-existing .tga files?

• 3 months later...
Nitegeist

here's a curious thing i bumped into while working on Basil skins.

inside gamedata/common there are 2 basil car textures, BB-CAR and BB-CAR1. I painted the former yellow and the latter purple, and started a race against Basil with a Basil car.

Here's what the cars look like:

11rcbo0.jpg

The curious thing is that neither of those textures is used in the car editor/viewer or in the Basil intro cutscene.

a bit of a mess, huh?

RobExplorien

The curious thing is that neither of those textures is used in the car editor/viewer or in the Basil intro cutscene.

They do not show up as edited in the build menu, because you're working in GAMEDATA, not MENUDATA. Forget that, I misinterpreted what you said. But it probably doesn't show up as edited in the build menu, because it uses separate .BMP files for each part in the MENUDATA archive (I'm not certain about that). And I don't know how textures work with the latter, so that remains a curiosity until someone posts an explanation.

lol username

The LR1 textures are messy. Captain Redbeard's car also has some weird texture differences where things should be the same (granted, all NPC cars are different in some way, but it's especially noticeable there).

Cars that have two texture files do so because they are used for different parts - there wasn't enough space on a single texture, I guess. In the picture above, BB-CAR1 will have an image of wheels, the rocket, etc. While BB-CAR will have the dragon face. Gypsy Moth's car also does this, for example.

Textures for cutscenes are actually found in a separate folder, in MENUDATA, although I can't remember the names for them, and each cutscene has its own folder. I don't know why they chose to do this, rather than reference the standard PARTDB folder.

As Rob said, the textures are also different in the build menu because the textures you modified were in the GAMEDATA folder, which only affect models while racing. The MENUDATA folder is used for the build menu, and Basil's car is be formed from separate pieces here in order for the player to be able to disassemble it, so the parts all have separate textures/colours.

• 1 month later...

The LR1 textures are messy. Captain Redbeard's car also has some weird texture differences where things should be the same (granted, all NPC cars are different in some way, but it's especially noticeable there).

Alpha Draconis' NPC car has some very black bricks on his that break the game's LEGO palette.

• 9 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

As Bluebeard said, mainly GAMEDATA, though there is a bunch in menudata as well, which is well, mostly menu stuff.

Fluffy Cupcake

THANK YOU, CYREM!!!

And, you know, everyone else credited in the post....

(Cyrem was minority. xP)

Noob Slayer

Although I did have a question regarding a MMM texture . . . 

Notice the tiny flicks of magma trailing off the bigger magma ball. The demo doesn't have these. I was wondering if anyone knows which texture controls just that part . . . 

Sorry that i'm bumping the page but is it Menu Data or Game Data that has the textures? :S

Your question has been answered already, but just to elaborate... GAMEDATA contains textures that are used in all the races, while MENUDATA is for menu screens (including the build racer/car menu, but not the test track). Both share many of the same textures, e.g. you will find copies of the character skins in both folders, however in such cases the MENUDATA textures are generally a higher resolution.

Although I did have a question regarding a MMM texture . . . 

-snip-

Notice the tiny flicks of magma trailing off the bigger magma ball. The demo doesn't have these. I was wondering if anyone knows which texture controls just that part . . . 

Looking through the textures... I think it's LAVABALL.BMP located in GAMEDATA/COMMON. The red colour is made transparent when loaded into the game.

That does mean that changing it for MMM will also change it anywhere else that it may be used though, unless there's a way to change the texture that it uses.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
supercoolguy32

everytime I time start the 2nd circuit it keeps on giving me this errorfatel_error.thumb.PNG.92022fec723a3386e7

and this is when I added the textures, can someone tell me what to do?

Did you use someone else's mod or try and make your own? It seems that you've modded in a texture that isn't formatted correctly. Replaced images should be in BMP format just like the originals, and many must also be indexed - if you are using a program such as PhotoShop, simply change the colour settings to Indexed.

supercoolguy32

well, to be honest I am using mspaint, No I have not made textures for the 2nd circuit, I made textures to others circuit or tracks and they work fine, but for some reason this circuit is not working, let me go check the folder for it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.