Frontier Miners: Prospecting (Map and Objectives complete, Story files incomplete)

Phoenyx

gallery_932_193_40044.png

Map Name: Chapter 1-1 - Prospecting on the Frontier

Backstory: Earth Date: March 3, 2147. One century after the development of the first prototype wormhole drives, which were made possible through the discovery of the Phoenix Anti-Boson. Mankind has carved itself a new civilization among the stars, and grew prosperous. On some planets, we encountered primitive civilizations. Some were friendly and peaceful, others were war-like and aggressive. I almost feel sorry for the latter.

I have graduated from the University of Procyon School of Fleet Officers and have been assigned to the prospecting ship L.M.S. Steven Hawking as an Ensign. My first mission is to a planet classified as P7X-457 in the Tau Epsilon system. We are to find an extremely rare mineral called Ununoctium, the 118th element of the periodic table. It is a very potent fuel source and has uses in the medical and chemical industries as well.

Briefing: Welcome to frontier planet P7X-457, Ensign. We've scanned the surface and detected energy signatures that match those of Ununoctium deposits. However, we need you to head planet-side and double-check our findings. You have been given command of a small team of miners, who are waiting on the surface for you as we speak. Good luck, Ensign.

Objective: Build the first outpost on the surface and collect more than 20 energy crystals. You may need to tear down buildings and teleport vehicles out when you no longer need them.

Difficulty: Easy

Difficulty compared to stock game: Medium

Replaces: Driller Night

Link: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Prospecting_01_136140.zip

Installation:

To-Do: Change the text and speech. Create a video scene to replace the bats intro in order to add to the storyline.

Bugs: Camera starts outside the level limits - you have to move the camera using the radar screen when you first load the map.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.