SRF Editor 1.2

Cyrem

Thank you, Cyrem! This will now allow us to create the first real mod to LR (that is, if you consider a language pack a mod)!

BTW, did you update it to use the format spec that origamiguy posted? Just wondering.

BTW, did you update it to use the format spec that origamiguy posted? Just wondering.

Well, it doesn't seem to mess things up if the strings aren't the same length, so that's a good sign...

Just what I needed for the translation!

Thanks Cyrem :D

EDIT: Oh noes... No, everything runs fine. But I discovered LEGO Racers doesn't support accents (´~^ and ç), but that's not the problem -

The problem is that I edited the SRF files again to remove the accents, but I didn't know you couldn't edit with Notepad!! And I edited... When I ran LEGO Racers appeared no text.

And I'm lazy to do that translation work the 3rd time...

...But at least I finally got a mod to work, but then I ruined with notepad... lol

I got it working now, but there is some mystery on the "GO" Text.

I put in VAI!, in the game shows AI!

I think it removes the first letter, I put JVAI! And still AI!

Now I tried JA VAI! And showed up A AI!

I'm guessing it removes the consonants, but WHY??!! HELP!

• 1 month later...

Released new version. As you can see, it's a complete re-write. This should now have no problem with the character encoding.

So you can now finish your translations.

Remember Racers uses a BMP font, so unless you edit the font BMP, new funky characters will not display.

• Like 2

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Imagine what can be done to the foreign languages...especially considering there's like a million extra languages in the game.

• 4 months later...

Alright. We need this in Latin. Now.

That  could be arranged... :P

I know Latin, anyone else want to help me out with this?

Alright. We need this in Latin. Now.

That  could be arranged... :P

I know Latin, anyone else want to help me out with this?

If only I was not monolingual.

• 9 months later...

Reporting a possible bug, perhaps might be able to research it.

(06 March 2014 - 11:09 PM) SRF Editor opens russian in wrong encoding (1252, should be 1251 [Wikipedia]). i tried to find sources with no luck, so i decompiled it ;)

@rast12345, can provide more details on this? Rymec, you said in the change log Unicode support has been added, so would this be a no-issue because of that?

I've decompiled and modified SRFEditor to extract all .SRF files into .TXTs to automate importing-exporting translations. I have Russian translation (from the demo version lol) and managed to add it into the game, replacing random language.

But!! I want to add a language, not to replace! It is done somehow in russian version of the game, which contains all original langs + russian. However, I've lost my CD and russian release is wiped out from the internet... Is there any idea where game stores list of available langs and directory mappings for them?  :)

On 3/8/2014 at 1:29 AM, le717 said:

Reporting a possible bug, perhaps might be able to research it.

(06 March 2014 - 11:09 PM) SRF Editor opens russian in wrong encoding (1252, should be 1251 [Wikipedia]). i tried to find sources with no luck, so i decompiled it ;)

@rast12345, can provide more details on this? Rymec, you said in the change log Unicode support has been added, so would this be a no-issue because of that?

Well, I played around with decompiled code of the tool, and it seems that it is .NET/C# Encoding.Unicode issue. It guesses somehow what is the encoding of input bytes stream, and it fails for russian (windows-1251). Not a major issue though, it seems like i'm the only one interested in russian translation :D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
piotr_garschin

Full russian version exists in Internet. I have it on my PC. So, what about the extra language mods? Did somebody do them? I am making polish mod now as polish version doesn't exist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.