Windowed Problem

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Mr. Eight-Three-One

No, this isn't a problem regarding windowing the game. In fact, that's something I have little desire to do, only making this problem even MORE annoying.

So, I am on Windows 8 now, and I was getting ready to play Alpha Team without any annoying sound looping glitches. The game works beautifully...minus one thing that is REALLY getting on my nerves.

alphat10.jpg

The game runs in full screen mode, with an ugly window border around it. I've tried various compatibility modes, running it as administrator, and disabling display scaling on high DPI settings, and none of it works. I can't move the mouse out of the window either to click the maximize button either. It's really frustrating and help would be appreciated. So...anyone got any ideas?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

That advice will be so helpful once Windows 7 goes out of support and you will inevitably upgrade to a version of Windows with the Start Screen :P

Seriously, if you hate it so much, just get Classic Shell. Problem solved.

That advice will be so helpful once Windows 7 goes out of support and you will inevitably upgrade to a version of Windows with the Start Screen

No I won't. I'll just use a different OS and have dual boots/virtual machines/old computers.

Seriously, if you hate it so much, just get Classic Shell. Problem solved.

There are a lot more issues than just this.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

*sigh* Look, I plan on getting an extra hard drive and installing Windows 7 on it in the near future. I am not in the financial situation to do it right now though. Quit messing around and actually help me out.

You are probabaly going to hate this fix, but here it goes.

Follow the intructions here, and stop before you get to the code box. Add the following code:

@echo off

C:\pathtoqres\qres.exe c=32 x=640 y=480 /R "LEGOATeam.exe"

exit

Save it as a .bat file, and place it in your Alpha Team installation folder. You're mouse will now be free, and there will be no window.

What's so bad about that? It forces you to play the game in 480p, it's original resolution. I tested this on Windows 8 using the AT Japanese Demo, so the EXE name may be different.

And can you tell me how you got the audio to play? I don't hear any. Windows 8 Pro x64.

• Like 2

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I ran it as an admin and in compatibility mode in advance, but otherwise I don't know. I had that problem on my dad's Windows 7 laptop once and running it as an admin fixed it. I'm on vanilla Windows 8 x64.

Anyhow, it worked! Than you so much! I don't really care about the resolution that much anyway, I'd just record it like that.

• 7 years later...

This was the only mention on the internet that I could find about this issue, which I've also been having. The QRes fix worked greatly for me, but has anyone found an alternate way that doesn't involve adding in a bunch of files, a more intuitive fix perhaps?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.