Everything for Windowed mode doesn't work!

lu9

Hellote again lol, it's me.

I can't get the LR windowed mode doing right!

Look what I tried:

DXWnd - With Admin and without admin, with DirectX6 version selected, nothing works.

adding -window - Didn't worked again

Setting into 16-bit mode - I actually only turned it to 16-bit and is still staying with it so I can run LEGO Loco, I tried the above 2 things with the 16-bit mode, didn't work again.

LEGO Racers run normally in Full Screen with no bugs on my Windows 7, but the question is the windowed mode...

So if you know the problem here are the specs of my computer:

Notebook - HP

Windows 7 Home Basic

64 Bits

Intel Core i5 (lol i don't know if that is needed but just in case...)

Thanks again supah friends xD

First off, thanks to TheDoctor for pointing me to this program. The advice in this post is his, and the batch code was corrected by me. ;)

First off, download QRes (namely, qres-src1097.zip), and copy the qres-src1097/qrescd/sample-cd/qres folder and paste it somewhere (ideally your Program Files). Open Notepad (or Notepad++), and add the following code:

@echo off

pathtoqres\qres.exe c=16 /R "LEGORacers.exe" -window

exit

Save it as a .bat file with any name, and copy it to the LEGO Racers installation path. Click it, and LR will now run in windowed mode.

I have sucessfully tested this on Windows Vista, 7, and 8 with no compatibility, and had no problems. I had trouble running the batch file from the QRes folder.

BTW, this would be a great addition to the LR 1/2 FAQ (hint hint).

EDIT: I got LR running in 320x240 windowed mode.

gallery_2686_215_27145.png

Haha.

???

I'm confused.

pathoqres should be replaced with the path where I placed QRes? (may be a bit obvious, but just asking)

Because I tried all ways, with pathoqres, and with C:Program Files (x86)qresqres.exe

Help!!

EDIT: Now at least the CMD recognizes the path of QRES, I Placed qres in the bare C: so it is now located at C:qres

BUT, ERROR:

Title:qres

and the bat file is in the LEGO Racers folder.

Download QRES, make a .bat file with this

@echo off
qres.exe c=16
cd "C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaGamesLEGO Racers"
"LEGORacers.exe" -novideo -window

JrMasterModelBuilder

I think this is the code you want to save in a batch file in the folder with LEGORacers.exe

@echo off

C:\"Program Files (x86)"\qres\qres.exe c=16 /R "LEGORacers.exe" -window

exit

'-'

Those codes was the same le717 said, and still gives an error

"Cannot Run "LEGORacers.exe" -window"

Help!!

EDIT: Aha! LUModder code seems to work fine, yay!

Now you can lock this

just kidding!

EDIT 2: The Window is working (and the stupid black flashing 16bit lines, lol) alright, but when I click on another thing than the window it minimizes it! By that I can't pin it with DeskPins. Is there a way? Because I chat and stuff while I play :\

I think that is hard coded behaviour.

but maybe I can pin it with DeskPins, but.. how? If I select the deskpin icon on the taskbar, LEGO Racers minimizes and I can't pin from the taskbar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.