I want more Peoplez

Aokpisz

I've played Loco for years, and I've never figured out how to get lots of people. I know they arrive with the passenger cars when a train comes out of a blue tunnel. but I can't get more than like 15 to appear. Is there any way(besides modding) to get more to appear?

I know they arrive with the passenger cars when a train comes out of a blue tunnel.

Huh?

Minifigures are tied directly to buildings. Place a little red cottage somewhere, and after a little while the game chooses a semi-random minifigure to live there (each type of building has a list of minifigures that can live there), or multiple minifigures per building, depending on the type of building it is. Erasing a building will also despawn any minifigures tied to it. As far as I know, tunnels are only used for warping to different points along the edges of the map, sending mail to NPCs, and in multiplayer, sending mail to other players. Even then, if a minifigure gets on a train and the train is warped to another player's map (or if the tunnels are erased, or the depot is erased, etc), the minifigures will simply be teleported back to somewhere in the town.

So, basically, minifigures are tied to buildings, the only way to get more minifigures is to place more buildings, and the only way to remove minifigures is to erase the buildings they spawned from.

Minifigures also have jobs and stuff (office worker type people will sometimes go into skyscraper buildings, kids will go into a school building if it's accessible, etc), but I haven't messed with that much.

I know they arrive with the passenger cars when a train comes out of a blue tunnel.

Huh?

May be you overlooked something, because I have seen trains arrive out of a blue tunnel, reach a station, and people appear. I think there was something in the manual about it, IDK. I'll check when I have time.

Huh?

May be you overlooked something, because I have seen trains arrive out of a blue tunnel, reach a station, and people appear. I think there was something in the manual about it, IDK. I'll check when I have time.

Are you sure those minifigures hadn't boarded the train before it entered the tunnel?

Huh?

Are you sure those minifigures hadn't boarded the train before it entered the tunnel?

I can't be sure, as I haven't been able to boot up Loco for years(some weird glitch with XP, it used to work, IDK whats wrong, and I'll take care of it later). However, I seem to remember them coming OUT of the blue tunnels into my little world with people on them... I'll have to do a bit of research.

EDIT: Manual says as follows.

"Clicking on the question mark[on the zoombox] will bring up a list of all the people on board your train."

Huh?

That is impossible. They only spawn from buildings.

• Like 1

"Clicking on the question mark[on the zoombox] will bring up a list of all the people on board your train."

Yes, but what does that have to do with them coming from buildings vs tunnels?

IIRC, when I played Loco, the people didn't spawn until I sent some trains to fetch a small bunch of them, and randomly more would spawn from the buildings. But, not until I had sent a train out to collect the first bunch.

IIRC, when I played Loco, the people didn't spawn until I sent some trains to fetch a small bunch of them, and randomly more would spawn from the buildings. But, not until I had sent a train out to collect the first bunch.

I've built entire thriving cities without train systems. Heck, most of the cities I've built lack trains, and they have tons of minifigures walking around. One time I filled the entire map with nothing but red cottages and sidewalks to see how many skeletons I could spawn (because for some reasons, skeletons seem to come from the red cottages the most). The answer: A lot. :P

Well, my game worked differently to yours. The only things that spawned without trains were animals if I had the appropriate field.

Yes, but what does that have to do with them coming from buildings vs tunnels?

Nothing, I was just stating that they can be on trains. Thats the closest thing the manual has on it. :S

Maybe its version differences.

I'm not very convinced of that, as so far the only reports of this have been from just two people saying "I think, if I remember right, this might have happened when I played it a while ago..."

Try messing around with the game and seeing what happens.

With my disc that snapped in half, I'll happily oblige.

EDIT: I blew up my DVD drive. Thanks.

It doesn't need a disc to run.

*Stars laughing at extreme*

Kay. I'll break out the game this weekend, see what I can do.

EDIT: Just an interesting thing I found on YT, maybe you can remember what caused this Jamesster?

Jamesster and I were talking a few weeks ago while playing Lego Loco, and he said that one time he left Loco open for a few hours, and when he came back, there were so many people he could not see the sidewalk. We both agreed that would be a interesting video to make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5sZdoLGAz8

With my disc that snapped in half, I'll happily oblige.

EDIT: I blew up my DVD drive. Thanks.

It doesn't need a disc to run.

Needs a disc to install, though.

Needs a disc to install, though.

You should have left it installed. Or yar har

Little bit impossible when:

1. This is my 4th computer. The disc has only ever been put into one computer.
  2. That computer was my Windows 98, more than 12 years ago.
  3. The Windows 98 was, erm, "terminated", about 4-6 years ago.

I would reinstall it if I could because I want to bully some tiny LEGO people, but unfortunately I need to rebuy all the LEGO CDs.

*too lazy to quote directly*

@Aokpisz, what I did was spam a bunch of houses and stuff into a scene, then left to do some stuff IRL, to see if each building had a max number of minifigures, or if more just kept spawning over time with no cap. Turns out there does seem to be a max number per building, but there was still a fairly big community awaiting me when I got home. :P And not a single train, just houses and other similar buildings. Then I removed every minifigure from the sidewalk and placed them far away from the town for a bit to get them nice and angry, and stuck them all in a box of sidewalk. The result was a mob of ticked off cutesy plastic people with nowhere to go.

... I can kinda be cruel to the LEGO Loco minifigs sometimes... :P

@Extreme, if there's a library nearby, see if they have LEGO Loco, then borrow it, install it, and return the disc and continue to play without it. Boom, free game.

In the event of invasion, the invaders only have to remove their paths and roads and it'll render the little guys helpless.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.