LDR Importer is an Blender 2.6 importer script for models created in the LDraw Model (.ldr, .dat) format. There are currently three developers working on this, with myself as the lead developer.
This list is by no means complete. There may be features I have forgotten to add.
- Supports all versions of Blender 2.67 onward
- Automatically preserves installation path to LDraw Brick Library through use of a configuration file
- Attempts to detect installation path to LDraw Brick Library (Windows only, can be expanded to other platforms if data can be supplied)
- Non-programmer understandable error messages are thrown for the majority of errors
- Import on any scale (default: 0.05)
- Library & Models
- Fully supports library folder structure, including unofficial, p/48, and p/8 folders
- Supports models in .dat and .ldr format; Multi-part DAT (.mpd) and Bricksmith models do not work properly.
- Ability to choose between high-resolution, low-resolution, and normal-resolution primitives
- Model optimization option available by default to clean up the mesh, in addition to using the original mesh
- Uses LDConfig.ldr for color list rather than internal list, providing up-to-date and accurate colors
- Supports most of the LDraw colors for Blender Internal, including transparent, chrome, pearlescent, rubber, and metal
- Experimental support for Cycles Engine materials
- Automatically detects render engine and uses the appropriate materials
Edited by le717, 19 January 2014 - 08:12 AM.