What the hell LEGO? (4642 Fishing Boat)

AcePilot90

rsbo91.jpg

So, I recently got the 4642 Fishing Boat...

But I noticed some odd things...

See that life jacket? Well...

n2iude.jpg

The set comes with an ENTIRELY different mold...

o7lx60.jpg

And guess what? It's not listed with an Brick ID, either...

1zz5a40.jpg

And when worse comes to worse...

See that notch in the fishing pole?

10r206g.jpg

Yep. It's not even there.

1olt8w.jpg

So basically, you have to make way by tying it AROUND the hole...

148dkc7.jpg

And on top of it all, the set includes two fishing poles when the inventory only lists one...

What the hell LEGO? I was almost compelled to return this set to KMart...

Same, I just hate the nasty gap between the head and the jacket.

I'd still rather have this jacket, though.

But the fishing poles...

GAHHH!

It just over all adds extra frustration already added by stickers.

LEGO City elected a new mayor, who decreased subsidies to safety equipment companies as the city budget was slashed. So life preservers are now much smaller and less effective. They can't afford to develop any bigger ones.

LEGO City elected a new mayor, who decreased subsidies to safety equipment companies as the city budget was slashed. So life preservers are now much smaller and less effective. They can't afford to develop any bigger ones.

Actually, that lifejacket isn't any less effective than the first. It's more form fitting, and comfortable, and just as effective.

@Scorcho I don't think so, no, because the spare parts you get are usually quite random.

"Contents may vary"

There's a 9 in 10 chance that this happened.

Reminds me of the time I got my Kyosho Inferno US Sports. The chassis picture on the back of the box showed separate engine mounting brackets. The mounts were machined into the engine block on the actual car.

Reminds me of that time I got a Dino Attack set with a T-Rex who had two left legs and only one arm. Needless to say, the store was quite happy to replace it with a kit that came with the correct limbs.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
Cloudstrife987

I think they just updated the set. (Lego doesn't do that often though)

lol i read that in peppers voice

Ā 

anyway,

i don't know why they have different poles and life jackets,but i like the different life jacket better anyways,

and my opinion is the only one that matters so shut up about it already! :tf:

Ā 

But it is your opinion on weather or not the life jacket looks good or not. :rracer:

Alcom Isst

I remember it being a pain in the ass tying the string onto the poles.

I remember typing a pair of quips about subsidies and floating minifigures respectively.

"Modular start." Since when would a fishing boat (with the box and instructionsĀ lying) be a modular thing, you cannot even rearrange it.

lol username

"Modular start." Since when would a fishing boat (with the box and instructionsĀ lying) be a modular thing, you cannot even rearrange it.

... The set is built in modules, then assembled. It makes it easier for younger kids who are new to LEGO. They've been doing it for years and years, and it's worked well. :|

Alcom Isst

314-1.jpg

Since 1976.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why do they need hammers if we build? They're toys, they require imagination.

You're right, but that's a slightly different paradox - Minifigures, if they were living beings, wouldn't have any need for those ridiculously light hammers to build with bricks anyway... they would need something much heavier to snap bricks together, or they could just use their Imagination powers. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.