LEGO Friends

IceHusky

lol username

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3819

An article in this month's Toy News trade magazine states that Friends is such a success that LEGO can't keep up with demand. Apparently, it sold 'twice as much as anticipated' when it was launched and is now 'bigger than Sylvanian Families'.

LEGO UK MD Drew Brazer states that they will not be saturating the marketplace in the short term to solve the problem but that "[Friends] will be with us for years and decades to come".

Problem? :af:

decades

If Friends outlasts BIONICLE, I'll... I'll... I'll eat my socks!

LEGO Friends' success is news to me. But I DO have a theory as to why...

BRONIES.

They couldn't get LEGO MLP, so they made do with Friends. (I just reread that as the show "Friends".) That, and the rare elemenmts and colors make it something the AFOLs want.

But hey, as long as they don't make a TV show of this LEGO theme... At least, not without Lauren Faust.

"LEGO Friends: NOT The Show You Think."

lol username

But hey, as long as they don't make a TV show of this LEGO theme... At least, not without Lauren Faust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bywMJFg-aHc

TOO LATE

:RAGEFACE:

here come the next generation of bronies

NO. It's not that simple. Take it from a guy who can see both sides.

You see, MLP has pop-culture/adult references. It wasn't just intended for kids. The toys, though, are another story. I would NEVER buy any of the MLP playsets.

LEGO Friends, on the other hand... It's probably safe to assume that it's the exact opposite. Older guys will want the TOYS for the rare elements and colors. Now, I don't understand Greek (Although a certain Girl I Know does!), but I can probably assume that it's your typical girly show; like if Polly Pocket ever had a TV show (did it???).

Unless Lauren Faust is at the helm, that "show" will NOT get a cult following like MLP does.

And let's hope to God that it stays that way.

If Friends outlasts BIONICLE, I'll... I'll... I'll eat my socks!

Challenge accepted :af:

EDIT:

like if Polly Pocket ever had a TV show (did it???).

Yes.

like if Polly Pocket ever had a TV show (did it???).

I remember my sister nailing my head to the floor so I would watch it with her. I hated it. So much.

Hasn't this theme already existed for atleast a decade? My sister had the PC game that came out during the Lego Media era. (I think we still have the disc, too...)

Hasn't this theme already existed for atleast a decade? My sister had the PC game that came out during the Lego Media era. (I think we still have the disc, too...)

That's a different, unrelated game. Might as well be the same, since the game had humans and nothing about LEGO, and these minifigs are human-like.

OS, I think you're thinking of belville.

Yeah, but he also mentioned the PC game that has nothing to do with anything LEGO and just happens to have the same name as this theme.

Behold! The power that is contained in the LEGO Media game that is...

LEGO FRIENDS!

It's the only official LEGO game WITHOUT ANY LEGO!

"LEGO Friends. It's here, it's been here, and it will be here, for decades to come."

• 3 weeks later...
lol username

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73664

What is your vision for Friends?

LEGO Friends will be a classic product line within the LEGO portfolio for many years to come, just like LEGO City.

So yes, we are planning new LEGO Friends products, but I cannot tell you what it will be ☺ I am sure you understand.

LEGO Friends will be a classic product line within the LEGO portfolio for many years to come, just like LEGO City.

So, they are really serious about LEGO Friends. Then my mission is clear.

I am going to reveal the dark, secretive past of LEGO Friends that only the select few know about. Soon, everybody will know about the failure of LEGO Friends, and they will boycott the line, forcing LEGO to shut it down and come up with something new! Stage I is already complete, now I will unleash... Section 2!

new_games_promo_lego_friends.jpg

Nobody can stop me know, not even Cyrem! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

O.T.

Tuh Brickstur waz hear.

• 2 weeks later...

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/news-room/2012/august/half-year-result_2012/

Successful launch of LEGO® Friends

New products targeting girls have sold twice as well as expected – and contribute to an exceptional interim report for the LEGO Group.

Astonishing sales on new products

The year’s big launch – LEGO® Friends, a product line targeted for girls – has done amazingly well since its launch in January. The Group sold twice as many LEGO Friends sets as expected during the first six months of the year. It has therefore increased production to meet the demand for LEGO Friends in the important Christmas period.

Reflecting on the launch of LEGO Friends, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp says:

“LEGO Friends is a result of four years’ development, and it has been amazing to experience the enthusiastic welcome that consumers have given the new range. Sales have been quite astonishing. With LEGO Friends we’ve managed to make creative construction toys more relevant for girls – and we look forward to developing the product line further in the years ahead.â€

It you weren't injured already, you just were, and got insult added on top of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.