Photo

Alternate LEGO Video Game Installers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

le717

Downloads

NOTE: All of le717's Installers must be run as Administrator in order to install.

This topic would not be complete without download links, now would it?

Other Downloads

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Trian Gular, 08 June 2014 - 07:26 AM.

• Xiron and Guurahk204 thanked this

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
So that's what _INST32I.EX_ is! Been vaguely wondering what it was for a while.

But, if the setup.exe is just a stub for multiple binaries including Win32, why does it have to use it?

le717

Additional Information

LEGO Island Alternate Installer

Spoiler

LEGO LEGOLAND Alternate Installer

Spoiler

LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer

Spoiler

LEGO Racers Alternate Installer

Spoiler

LEGO Racers 2 Alternate Installer

Spoiler

LEGO Rock Raiders Alternate Installer (Java)

Spoiler

How To Compile

Yes, there has to be compiling instructions. It's the law.

• All  Installers contain source code from bgbennyboy's Grim Fandango Setup and Launcher GitHub project.
  • The Installers will compile with both ANSI and Unicode Inno Setup. I would know, I spent a bunch of time unknowingly creating the LEGO LOCO one in ANSI!
  • However, all Installers will be compiled and released using Unicode Inno Setup, instead of ANSI. I prefer Unicode, and Inno Setup 5.4.3 ANSI (the build I use) does not support officially support Windows 8, while the Unicode version does. In addition, I have no need to compile an ANSI installer, since the original installers run perfectly on Windows 9x. If you would like an ANSI installer, you will need to compile it yourself.

Enjoy everyone!

Edited by Trian Gular, 08 June 2014 - 07:23 AM.

• Xiron thanked this

TheDoctor

Don't forget mine for LRR, which isn't anything close to a proper installer, but it works. I could try to make it into something that looks like a halfassed installer if someone wanted me to.

http://www.rockraide...nate-installer/

le717

Don't forget mine for LRR, which isn't anything close to a proper installer, but it works.
http://www.rockraide...nate-installer/

I was actually showing off my scripts and not exactly stating all the other alternate installers out there, but I'll add that to the post. I can write one for LRR, I just need to know the folder structure of the game files, the installation path, copyright and distributor (the many LRR releases may throw that one off), EXE name/icd, any registry strings/ini files, and anything else that would stop it from working with all the LRR releases. I could do it a lot easier if I actually owned a copy of LRR, then I could test it and make sure it worked correctly.

TheDoctor

Oh, er, sorry. It's not a very hard game to install. I didn't include the source in that jar, but if you want, I can help you make an installer via PMs/skype/whatever.

le717

Whoops! I just realised I forgot to package the LEGO Logo Installer Graphic in both of the downloads! I just fixed it, as well as a small change in the source. If you have already downloaded either of the scripts, please re-download them to fix the error. ;)

le717

New release!

I've updated the LEGO Racers Alternate Installer. By using the ISPP, I've made it more release-netural. If LEGORacers.icd exists in the compiling path, it will add it. Else, it will not. Now you do not have to umcomment the line if you are compiling a 1999 copy.

Get it on the Topic Post!
  • Lair thanked this

le717

Big News! I've just released my new Click-And-Go Alternate Installer series! The first one is the Click-And-Go LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer! With the Click-And-Go series, you just have to insert your game disc, and install! The Unicode binary is compiled with InnoSetup 5.5.2, which means Windows 8 is officially supported (well, for the installler, at least). The ANSI binary was built with InnoSetup 5.4.3, the last release to support Windows 95/98. The source code, however, will compile with both ANSI and Unicode InnoSetup without any changes. The Click-And-Go LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer must be run as Admin, and I've set the game to run as Admin as well via the Registry to fix a crazy error where the game would run when set as Admin but not when run as a normal user. I can change this upon request. ;)

Get the Click-And-Go LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer from the Topic Post!

URGENT EDIT:

While recording a video of the Click-And-Go LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer, I discovered that I forgot to add an AppID to both the ANSI and Unicode installers, and forgot to uncomment the AppID line. I've already fixed the error, and have updated the downloads. If you have already downloaded the installer, please delete it and download the corrected version. If you haven't you have nothing to worry about. ;)

O.T.
I knew I was forgetting to do something before I released it...

EDIT 2:

I've deleted the ANSI Click-And-Go LEGO LOCO Alternate Installer. From now on, I will only create Unicode builds.
The normal (original from the disc) install will run perfectly on Windows 98, I would rather use Unicode, and people can get confused between the two versions and which one to use. If you want an ANSI build, you will need to compile it yourself.

Edited by le717, 28 October 2012 - 08:23 AM.

le717

O.T.
Wow, I work quickly on my installers...

The newest installer in my Click-And-Go Alternate Installer series has just been released, and it is the Click-And-Go LEGO Racers 2 Alternate Installer! As will all the Click-And-Go series, you simply supply your game disc, and it will install and run correctly (finally worked around the CDpath registry string!). Source code is also available, if you are one of those who would rather build your own than rely on other people. :P The installer still, and always will, need to install as Admin (it is required to HKLM), but the game has not been set to run as Admin.

Get the Click-And-Go LEGO Racers 2 Alternate Installer from the Topic Post!

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
The LEGO Racers 2 one worked great other than a few files missing on the disc which is probably due to different versions.

le717

The LEGO Racers 2 one worked great other than a few files missing on the disc which is probably due to different versions.

Thanks Cyrem!

About the missing files, you are probably right. Do you know exactly which files were not pulled off your disc? I'll see if I can get them to install only if they exist (I'll do it the same way I got the Build-Your-Own Racers one to install the .icd and manual. However, I was having trouble getting it to work for LR2 the first time.)

le717

I've just released a new installer in the Click-And-Go series: LEGO Island! With this installer, you can bypass the old installer with a new, modern one, and have the option to install all LEGO Island files, not just the ones that make you have in insert your CD!

le717

As I said I would do, I have uploaded V1.1 of my Click-And-Go LEGO Racers 2 Alternate Installer. I've added the ability to choose if the videos/music is installed or not, just like the original. I've also changed up the way files are installed (V1.0 was built way to much to work with just my disc). If you see that the installer skips a few files on your disc (they is not registration or such like that), let me know, and I'll update the installer with it.

Modded Lego

Modded Lego

Advanced Member

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
thanks for making these installers Le, this will really help people who need them.