RRU Loco server

Lair

...then ended up with trains crashing everywhere and people losing their map files after midnight. funnnnnnWHOOOOHOOOHOO

(30 March 2013 - 02:38 PM) ugh hamachi is being stupid

I think this sums up all this madness very easily:

HOW TO JOIN IN HAMACHI:

Join the group Lairbase-##
The ## starts with 01 and goes up. 01 is currently full, so try 02. If that's full, then 03.

Password is "Loco" on all of them.

HOW TO JOIN IN LOCO:
IP is 25.176.160.66
THERE IS ROOM FOR NINE ONLY, SET UP YOUR OWN SERVER IF YOU WANT MORE.

IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE LET ME KNOW

ALSO IT WOULD BE NICE TO ADD YOU TO A SKYPE GROUP OR SOMETHING SO I CAN MAKE UPDATES THERE EASY

one server rule: please try to make all the trains on the tunnel track the same type, I mean you don't have to but they're different speeds so we risk crashes if they're different

• Like 2

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Looking at all this makes me want this game.

If only that Goodwill could actually tell the difference between the words "Loco" and "Island"...

Looking at all this makes me want this game.

If only that Goodwill could actually tell the difference between the words "Loco" and "Island"...

You never got LOCO from that seller that send you Island instead? I would give unsatisfied feedback on that, and see if you could get a refund without returning that Island disc.

Heads up that Lairbase-02 is full.

Ack I forgot to say when I went offline and the server has been down urgh

I'll go fix this right now and I almost wrote fix as fox fixfoxfixfoxfixfoxfixfoxfixfoxfixfoxfixfoxfixfox

OKAY THREE NEW GROUPS CREATED

I just got an idea for a more permanent RRU LOCO server, it wouldn't cost anything, and if @ would like to do this, it can become a new feature forum (just hear me out on this one, Cy).

Tunngle.

A Basic plan allows for 32 players, more than enough for LOCO, and multiple LOCO "hosts" might be able to be used, and you can set your own server name and password. A server is deleted after three days of inactivity, but (this is where the new forum feature comes in) if Cyrem were to take this on, if it went inactive, we can just contact him and it would be reloaded (and possible account access to the global mods so they can do it in Cyrem's absence). All players would need is for LOCO and Tunngle installed on their computer.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: I should say that I have never installed Tunngle and tested it with LOCO, so I cannot confirm that this will even work, but it should.

• Like 2

I use Tunngle a lot to play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (which no longer allows internet play), so it could be a good idea. Only problem is I'm unsure if you can add a game to the Tuungle Library of games they support. It does work in a similar manner to Hamachi, though, so it should be just fine.

Though I'm not sure if it would work, its worth a shot.

.....And a few train wrecks, but that's beside the point.

I use Tunngle a lot to play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (which no longer allows internet play), so it could be a good idea. Only problem is I'm unsure if you can add a game to the Tuungle Library of games they support. It does work in a similar manner to Hamachi, though, so it should be just fine.

Quote the LAN Emulation part of the Basic plan overview:

Tunngle is a magic tool that will never let you down (even with the most troublesome games): its LAN emulation features are very powerful and will work with virtually any game that supports IP based LAN gaming.

Tunngle is even more: you can use the Tunngle LAN emulation with virtually any program that has IP based network capabilities. You will never see a complete list of supported programs-games because it would be too long. Everything can work with Tunngle.

There seems to be no list of supported games according to this paragraph. LOCO uses TCP/IP, and Tunngle clearly supports that protocol. Getting it on the Tunngle server list (on the website) confuses me, as I'm not sure if it is allowed on a basic plan. However, this is another advantage to having an official RRU LOCO server: The server link would be available to registered users only, and it can be used as an advertising weapon. "We are the only LEGO forum with a dedicated LEGO LOCO online server!" And who knows, something like that may draw someone really into video game modding with origamiguy who can do the same with cracking open LOCO.

There seems to be no list of supported games

Everything else was true, but this is completely wrong. Have you ever actually started up Tunngle? They have a giant list of games, and for each game they have a chatroom. Once you're in the chatroom, Tunngle automatically sets the correct protocols for your LAN IP to ensure the game runs. With the other way that you're describing, you have to do it all manually in comparison to the other route.

Everything else was true, but this is completely wrong. Have you ever actually started up Tunngle? They have a giant list of games, and for each game they have a chatroom. Once you're in the chatroom, Tunngle automatically sets the correct protocols for your LAN IP to ensure the game runs. With the other way that you're describing, you have to do it all manually in comparison to the other route.

I should say that I have never installed Tunngle and tested it with LOCO, so I cannot confirm that this will even work, but it should.

What you just described makes more sense. Since I did not know this, but had seen how, when I clicked a link on the list of servers, it opened a URL like

tunngle:///*server-name-here*

I figured it would be that link that be available to registered users. I used the word "dedicated" in the sense that "we like our LEGO games so much, we even have a server for our members to play on."

Someone was complaining about not being able to join multiplayer, I just wanted to say that I haven't had the server open for some time. If you all want I can leave it up overnight, or just try again tomorrow.

• 6 months later...
Tauka Usanake

I need to get online more often. I'd like to play Loco again but it's only best when you have enough people. We can't organized well enough for that :(

Tauka Usanake

You can have multiplayer servers in LOCO?

Not in the sense of a "server" but yeah. It was only localhost and random Internet mails. Hamachi does the job for the localhost requirement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.