Galidor

thetoolraider

thetoolraider

There's a whole forum about Galidor at http://galidor.proboards.com/ :)

tumblr_lx5lqyG19e1qaa7gwo1_400.jpg

Why anyone would create a forum for it is beyond me. You didn't happen to find that link in /b/ did you?

There are acutally a lot of fans of the show out there including myself, and no I didn't find it in /b/ nor 4chan at all.

I think the Galidor forums are for the show... NOT the LEGO theme.

Although I do see a section for the LEGO theme...

I think the Galidor forums are for the show... NOT the LEGO theme.

Although I do see a section for the LEGO theme...

I did some dumpster diving into their posts, and... well... It's an antithesis of RRU.

coolrosetyler

Ahh I love Galidor and I even made the forum to it and yes it's for Galidor fans only. I have the toys, games and episodes and even friends with actor who plays the main character :)

Galidor Quest rules I loved playing it when i was younger

Ahh I love Galidor and I even made the forum to it and yes it's for Galidor fans only. I have the toys, games and episodes and even friends with actor who plays the main character :)

Well aint that a non sequitur.

I find it fascinating when, on a rare occasion, a post with an usually positive attitude occurs. Where almost all previous comments bash the subject of the topic, this post purveys a cheerful liking towards the subject. Even more unusual, is that the post completely ignores the bashing, as if it never happened.

There are 3 possible causes of this:

1. The poster is oblivious to the previous comments.

2. Troll.

3. The poster is unphased and oddly unbothered by the negativity.

coolrosetyler

Well aint that a non sequitur.

I find it fascinating when, on a rare occasion, a post with an usually positive attitude occurs. Where almost all previous comments bash the subject of the topic, this post purveys a cheerful liking towards the subject. Even more unusual, is that the post completely ignores the bashing, as if it never happened.

There are 3 possible causes of this:

1. The poster is oblivious to the previous comments.

2. Troll.

3. The poster is unphased and oddly unbothered by the negativity.

It is actually the third one i've heard some bad things about Galidor more worser then on here and yes it gets me annoyed but i got used to it that I really don't care now everyone has their own opinions. Good or bad I will always like Galidor and that is my choice

I do believe we're talking about the Galidor LEGO theme? I'm pretty sure the show was MUCH better than the LEGO theme.

In fact, now I'm going back and watching the show.

coolrosetyler

yeah even though the show was funded by lego too. I have a few of the toys but I've seen better toys than Galidor. If Galidor came back I could probably come up with a better redesign and Lego woudn't allow to make them

Did you just roundabout-ly diss Lego? I f you didn't notice, this is a LEGO FORUM. The reaason Galidor isn't remembered fondly among Lego fans isn't that it was a bad line on its merits as an action figure line, but as a Lego theme. If they were going to go for the action figure route, they could have gone the route of Throwbots or Bionicle and used standard technic joints, but instead they used specialized joints that rendered them incompatible with normal Lego. You see, one of the great strengths of Lego is that all elements, to a degree, are compatibe with each other. Even if you decry the overspecialization of modern lego pieces (as I used to, now I just accept it.), even pieces like those new sword hilts for Ninjago (eech) are compatible with 90% of system pieces- all of Galidor isn't.

coolrosetyler

Did you just roundabout-ly diss Lego? I f you didn't notice, this is a LEGO FORUM. The reaason Galidor isn't remembered fondly among Lego fans isn't that it was a bad line on its merits as an action figure line, but as a Lego theme. If they were going to go for the action figure route, they could have gone the route of Throwbots or Bionicle and used standard technic joints, but instead they used specialized joints that rendered them incompatible with normal Lego. You see, one of the great strengths of Lego is that all elements, to a degree, are compatibe with each other. Even if you decry the overspecialization of modern lego pieces (as I used to, now I just accept it.), even pieces like those new sword hilts for Ninjago (eech) are compatible with 90% of system pieces- all of Galidor isn't.

I didn't diss lego in anyway I was just saying I could do the Galidor figures a little better like for example the main character Nicholas Bluetooth only came with one glinch which I thought was pretty dull and should of came with about 2 or more glinches. if lego or anyone redid the galidor line I would like them to do a revamp or redesign of the figures and add more glinches with every character they make. Lego was good with every other line that they have done just the Galidor line was pretty poorly done

aah... Sorry- I misunderstood. It's just that I would have liked a little more integration ith the other Lego lines, but I can see from an outside perspective why they were done poorly. Honestly I watched the show maybe once ten years ago, but I honestly can't remember a thing about it. I'm not sure that I'd care to watch it again- it's just not my cup of tea, you know? There are a lot of MLP fans on this board, and while they say it's a good show, I just don't care for watching it.

instead they used specialized joints that rendered them incompatible with normal Lego.

They're compatible with normal Lego, especially the click-ball-joints used in Exo-Force sets. Other sets use those same joints. Plus you can put the male ends of Galidor joints into the holes in Technic pieces. I know this because I have a few Galidor sets.

:0

• Like 1

thetoolraider

... I thought those joints looked familiar! So I guess that's where these joints started.

Yup! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.