Too easy?

thetoolraider

thetoolraider

Ok, I've always loved Lego Racers 2 as a kid. I first got it when I was about 8 and it was one of my favorite games at that time. So I decided to play it again and maybe get some nostalgia and I was shocked by how easy it was! I don't remember this game being that easy! I mean I completed the WHOLE game in 2 DAYS and if I wanted to I could even complete it in 1 day! It's almost strange! The races were basically impossible to lose! Anyone else think this game is too easy?

Yeah, it's very easy. But the game was made for kids to play so of course it's easy now that you're older.

This is nothing new to me, I've been having the same problem. Only challenge is beating Rocket Racer with no Car Bonuses.

lol username

I beat the entire game on my new computer in one epic five-hour sitting. :P LEGO games aren't usually that difficult, as they're aimed at kids.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah, I find this game is rediculously easy. Don't get any power, then you won't win all the races so easily. It only takes 1 power to whoop the game. Though.. you will feel very slow if you're use to max power.

Don't use pitstops, don't complete challenges for upgrades, & turn off "catch-up"

Makes it more interesting at least.

• Like 2

The power ups besides the Homing rocket are pretty useless, the linear rocket is something I have NEVER got to hit somebody unless they're crowded together, the disk is meh, and the electric shield thing is pretty stupid IMO.

But it is what it is, still one of my favorite LEGO games.

If you drop the electric orb and a racer runs into it, they'll lose all of their bricks if they were undamaged. They'll sometimes lose the rest of the car after falling back down but it's basically a one-hit-kill.

I think the most powerful weapon would be a well-placed NPC in adventure mode. You can still talk to them during a race, and if you do the AI racers lose control and keep going straight until they hit something or go out of bounds. I abuse this a lot, especially in Arctic where there are some good locations near the parked airplane.

• Like 3

I think the most powerful weapon would be a well-placed NPC in adventure mode. You can still talk to them during a race, and if you do the AI racers lose control and keep going straight until they hit something or go out of bounds. I abuse this a lot, especially in Arctic where there are some good locations near the parked airplane.

O_O

I have to try this some time.

Fluffy Cupcake

I found an address in CE that takes care of that. :P (aka the "Can Speak to NPC?" one)

Basicly the AI for some stupid reason is set to have no brain when you talk to a NPC.

The most overpowered weapon imo is the shockwave. Stay behind (middle is fine if non-boss) till you get 2, though use the second one when they aren't near a fixing pit and you're good to go (cause NPCs won't fix if exactly 1/2 broken and it takes 2 to break it completely).

Now that I think about it, Getting all power bonuses is a great way to make the game harder, seing as the speed makes me want to do every moronic thing I can thing up.

the linear rocket is something I have NEVER got to hit somebody unless they're crowded together

The Linear Rocket doubles as an odd speed boost, where you hold the fire button when using it. You can ride it, which barely makes you move faster and is usually not worth it as you lose speed the moment you get off. There are a few special situations where it is useful though. In Beyond the Dome, you can use it just as you approach the cliff of the track, causing you to not jump which would lose you speed, but instantly drop to the lower section of the track. In Xalax tracks with the loop, you can use it just at the apex of the loop, where it will explode, causing you to fall to the bottom of the loop faster than you would drive. This second trick does tremendous damage to your vehicle though, possibly smashing it.

Basicly the AI for some stupid reason is set to have no brain when you talk to a NPC..

I think that that's related to the Sandy Bay bonus missions, to keep vehicles from assulting you while you pick up a driver. Occasionally it backfires. Bonus mission opponents heading directly towards you will continue heading directly towards you while you are talking to an NPC. The result is an unfortunate and continuous collision.

• 3 months later...

This works really good. When they crash into a rock, building or wall they can become stuck. This works pretty good when Sam Sanister is far away in front too :').

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

I beat it in a 4-7 hour sit. It might have even been shorter!

I think it was this posted that inspired me to attempt speed running it, which meant testing out doing different methods and if bonuses will be beneficial in the long run. During doing this, I was noticing I wasn't have much time difference in the Sandy Bay bonus game with the first few power levels and engine (do to the constant stops...) triggering me to wonder why, so I made the >power stats table. So all in all, thanks I guess for that oddly inspirational post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.