King Kahuka Demo Car

lopee

Jack Bluebeard

Sorry lopee, but it is a real headache and I do not know where I have to put my hands too. To understand the wheels factor I entered the code NCHSSS first and saw that I was the only one to have the NPC model (AI). So I entered the code NWHLS and saw that the others hadn't the wheels now and I had not the NPC model. (if bad, sorry for my English)

Shada3496, the chassis is, if you've noticed, inside the AI model. You can see because it is darker than the AI model. What I can't understand is how to put the NPC car on the default chassis and leave the wheels where they are.

Sorry lopee, but it is a real headache and I do not know where I have to put my hands too. To understand the wheels factor I entered the code NCHSSS first and saw that I was the only one to have the NPC model (AI). So I entered the code NWHLS and saw that the others hadn't the wheels now and I had not the NPC model. (if bad, sorry for my English)

Shada3496, the chassis is, if you've noticed, inside the AI model. You can see because it is darker than the AI model. What I can't understand is how to put the NPC car on the default chassis and leave the wheels where they are.

Hmm, im trying my self! There must be some way around it!!

Thank you for contributing :-)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Jack Bluebeard

I think we have to work inside the files. So, the files .GDB .MDB .TDB in the whole are the tires. The remaining .ADB .SDB are the chassis. ADB is its animation and SDB is its structure. If we could put the chassis of 'AI instead of that of the player it would be made​​.

EDIT: excuse me for the delay...

Yes, that's what I would also consider, but:

The chassis of the player's cars is not documentated in any sdb, mdb, tdb, adb and/or gdb. All the cassis are written in one file and it is ordered completely different you you can't overwrite it with any AI car model.

But if you had to replace your actual wheels with the car model, does it means that there is 5 models that are the same, and so that when you turn, two of your Car models are facing the way you turn?

Jack Bluebeard

Anyway, I think I found the chassis: they are in a file called CHASSIS.CMB. Now the thing is find a way to edit it.

Yes, that is the file where the chassis are written in. But I don't find a way to 'convert' the AI car models to these chassis values...

• 2 weeks later...
Jack Bluebeard

You're right. There isn't a way to edit it. BUT I noticed that the files .RRB are called ex: R1_F_0.RRB and, thanks to RobExplorien for his tutorial, R1 represent a certain AI. Now, considering that the player-controlled car has as number 0, if we can switch the number of the AI to that of the player's car, we will play like the AI. BUT this is just a theory; I have not tested it yet. And above all I do not know yet what is the file that determines the numbers of cars.

EDIT: and already, I am just determined to complete it :)  :smug:

You're right. There isn't a way to edit it. BUT I noticed that the files .RRB are called ex: R1_F_0.RRB and, thanks to RobExplorien for his tutorial, R1 represent a certain AI. Now, considering that the player-controlled car has as number 0, if we can switch the number of the AI to that of the player's car, we will play like the AI. BUT this is just a theory; I have not tested it yet. And above all I do not know yet what is the file that determines the numbers of cars.

EDIT: and already, I am just determined to complete it :)  :smug:

The RRB files are only describing the path of the AI, no matter which model they use! It only describes the path of the AI that is number 1 (I guess that's the boss) but you could also make e.g. Pharaos Mummy drive like Captain Redbeard!

Jack Bluebeard

The RRB files are only describing the path of the AI, no matter which model they use! It only describes the path of the AI that is number 1 (I guess that's the boss) but you could also make e.g. Pharaos Mummy drive like Captain Redbeard!

No no no. That was an example! What I mean is that:

In a file X a number indicates the files that together form the car. If we change the car number of the player within the file x with a number of an AI maybe we could solve the question of playing with the npc model. This might be right?

No, you can't just edit the file numbers or something similar to make the player's car look like an AI model. The AI models are themselves saved in model files while the players' cars are actually saved in the savegame file and even the players' car chassis are not saved in the same way as the AI cars.

It is not possible!

• 3 years later...
On 20/12/2012 at 6:42 PM, CaptainGolem said:

I was messing with the files and got this:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

But this is totally useless because I had to replace the wheels with the car model to make it work. It would be good if we replaced the chassis with the car model but I didn't find the chassis models anywhere...

Hi,i followed all topics about getting AI's car model,and in particular what you said about take these.I tried to rename Robin Hood Files ( RHGDB, MDB and TDB )  with DBJMW files  like you did for mummy car.Then i put these files in menudata/piecedb and i recompiled the .JAM.But the result was i ve no chassis and i haven't obtain the car.Which is my error?I tought DBJMW files were about the quick build for the standart structure that ai uses.Thank before for answers and sorry for my bad english.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.