Super-RockRaiders

RemyXone

Hello everybody, add this code (replace value or paste) to the .cfg file at the line 2171 :

Your Rockaiders don't use O2, walk ultraspeed, drill/clean instantly, no eating, no sleeping

Sorry for english, i'm french, good game !

Stats {
Pilot {

Levels 4
RouteSpeed 05.100:05.100:05.100:05.100
SoilDrillTime 00.100:00.100:00.100:00.100 ; Time in seconds to drill through the rock.
LooseDrillTime 00.100:00.100:00.100:00.100
MedDrillTime 00.100:00.100:00.100:00.100
HardDrillTime 00.000:00.000:00.000:00.000 ; Zero means the object cannot drill the rock type
SeamDrillTime 00.100:00.100:00.100:00.000 ; Either or both ore or crystal.
UpgradeTime 00.0:00.0:00.0:00.0 ; Last entry is ignored as it can never upgrade from that.
CollRadius 5.0
CollHeight 12.0
TrackDist 40.0
SingleWidthDig TRUE:TRUE:TRUE:TRUE
PickSphere 10.0
RepairValue 10.0:15.0:20.0:25.0
SurveyRadius 3:3:3:3
Drillsound SND_pilotdrill
Drillfadesound SND_pilotdrillfade
RestPercent 0.0
EnergyDecayRate 0.0
CanClearRubble TRUE
NumOfToolsCanCarry 2:3:4:5
CrossLand TRUE
RubbleCoef 0.5
PathCoef 2.0
RouteAvoidance TRUE
UseLegoManTeleporter TRUE
AwarenessRange 1000.0
OxygenCoef 1.0
CanStrafe TRUE
EnterToolStore TRUE
ShowHealthBar TRUE
}
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
ThatOneGuy2271

Has anyone ever tried changing singlewidthdig to false?

I did, SingleWidthDig is corresponding to the "rubble" left on the ground. I set it to FALSE:FALSE:FLASE and crashed the game so.  Something worth modifying. 

Should be

EnergyDecayRate 0.0
If what I'm thinking is correct. Sandwiches replenish Raider's "energy" bars.

I wonder why you post all this here as for all this is actually pretty well-known. There are even a looot more ways to create Super-Rock Raiders... and vehicles...buildings... or vehicle-buildings. whatever

RockRaiderWolf

I wonder why you post all this here as for all this is actually pretty well-known. There are even a looot more ways to create Super-Rock Raiders... and vehicles...buildings... or vehicle-buildings. whatever

eh he is getting the hang of things. as far as posting it I think it is a good idea since he is making them pretty clear it will probably help future modding newbies learn.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I feel that an important thing in making Super Raiders would be to set the value of

SmallSpider  {

CauseSlip            TRUE

}

to false. Would save a lot of annoyance.

• 1 year later...
MaxRideWizardLord

Wow, Nietzsche's ubermensch.

Does the mod's work going in to action once you're upgrading the rock raiders to maximum??

To be honest, I'd like to have a mod which increase the speed of rock raiders and drain their energy less the more they are upgraded. This mod, however, entirely would ruin the balance of the game.

18 minutes ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Wow, Nietzsche's ubermensch.

Does the mod's work going in to action once you're upgrading the rock raiders to maximum??

No, the mod should work even with lvl 1 raiders, looking at its code. They should be turbo-speed off the bat - check them out in Driller Night or something.

To be honest, I'd like to have a mod which increase the speed of rock raiders and drain their energy less the more they are upgraded. This mod, however, entirely would ruin the balance of the game.

As for speed, check out the line RouteSpeed. It should be this in original (spaced out a bit for clarity, would reccomend removing the spaces once you're done)

RouteSpeed			01.100  :  01.100  :  01.100  :  01.100

The first number corresponds to lvl 1. The next lvl 2. The one after that is lvl 3, and if you guessed that the next is lvl 4, you'd be right. (Side note: Vehicles don't work this nicely).

So all you need to do to make them wall faster each level would be to write something like...

RouteSpeed			01.100  :  01.300  :  01.500  :  01.700

and fazam, they'll walk faster each level.

As for draining their energy, that's EnergyDecayRate:

EnergyDecayRate		0.25

While this seems to only have one number, you should be able to extend it to something like

EnergyDecayRate		0.25:0.25:0.25:0.25

without the game going bonkers (although it might. you never know)

and then edit the parameters accordingly. (I'll leave you to figure out what sensible numbers would look like. ;) Hint: a lower decay rate means energy should decay less.)

(P.S. I saw your post in the other topic; I'll reply in there when I don't have a massive amount of study due for an exam. I really have a lot of work to do...)
(P.P.S. unlike Brevon in that link, I won't cast you aside; I'll be back! Just not right now. :P )

MaxRideWizardLord

17 hours ago, aidenpons said:

EnergyDecayRate		0.25:0.25:0.25:0.25

without the game going bonkers (although it might. you never know)

and then edit the parameters accordingly. (I'll leave you to figure out what sensible numbers would look like. ;) Hint: a lower decay rate means energy should decay less.)

I've tried to do that, but unfortunatelly that didn't work. :/

On 6/8/2019 at 11:47 PM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

I've tried to do that, but unfortunatelly that didn't work. :/

Does "didn't work" mean "game crashed on startup" or "despite installing the mod, no change was observed?" If it's the former, you won't be able to do anything. If it's the latter, try experimenting with absurd numbers: for instance, 0;25:0:0:0, which would mean that when you upgrade a raider their energy no longer decays (just to make sure the line works). Also try throwing in something like RouteSpeed 10 just to make sure that your changes are actually working (I have had several, several cases of my mod files being correct but just not applying them correctly... from editing the wrong folder to forgetting to compile...), so check that too :P

Or it may just be that the game doesn't allow you to do this. That's a thing. :P

MaxRideWizardLord
5 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Does "didn't work" mean "game crashed on startup" or "despite installing the mod, no change was observed?" If it's the former, you won't be able to do anything. If it's the latter, try experimenting with absurd numbers: for instance, 0;25:0:0:0, which would mean that when you upgrade a raider their energy no longer decays (just to make sure the line works). Also try throwing in something like RouteSpeed 10 just to make sure that your changes are actually working (I have had several, several cases of my mod files being correct but just not applying them correctly... from editing the wrong folder to forgetting to compile...), so check that too :P

Or it may just be that the game doesn't allow you to do this. That's a thing.

The latter.

I did exactly what you told me, and that simply didn't work. :/ How happen the game is so extremely limited on what you can mod about it?

9 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

I did exactly what you told me, and that simply didn't work. :/ How happen the game is so extremely limited on what you can mod about it?

The only answer I really have for you is "Because it's LRR."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.