Any way of still getting LEGO Island?

GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman

The first LEGO game I ever got was LEGO Island 2 (Yes, the horrible one) and my fourth (I think) was LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts. So, I'm missing LEGO Island. I know a place I can get it, but I want to know if there's any other way of getting it (such as download only, but I'm not sure as LEGO Island is a disk game). Any ideas? And if any have to do with piracy, I'd rather not pirate a game.

lol username

eBay, Amazon, BrickLink, etc.

If there's a Half Price Books store in your area then check them out, they usually have lots of classic LEGO games, new and used, from 1 to 10 bucks a piece depending on the condition of it. I got Soccer Mania used for 99 cents and LEGO Creator and LEGO Creator Knights Kingdom new in box for $7 per game, and some other stuff at prices like that.

GordonFreeman

No copies anywhere in Australia. At least, retail.

Yeah, I realised that :( Thanks Jamesster. I'll try that out.

LEGO Island 2 (Yes, the horrible one)

I know this is off topic, but seriously: Am I the only one who liked LI2? I have always thought it was an amazing game.

GordonFreeman

I know this is off topic, but seriously: Am I the only one who liked LI2? I have always thought it was an amazing game.

It was good, but it was buggy and underdone. It had potential, but fell short.

• Dumb plot
  • Dull voice acting
  • Bad models and textures (x10 in the PS1 version)
  • Highly glitchy
  • Long loading
  • Minigames like the fishing one

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I admit I liked it as a kid. I look back on it and wonder what was going through my head. Especially considering I was spoiled with way more better games.

• Dumb plot
  • Dull voice acting
  • Bad models and textures (x10 in the PS1 version)
  • Highly glitchy
  • Long loading
  • Minigames like the fishing one

I see your point, I played LI2 first though, so when I got LI, I just thought it had very bad graphics. Compared to LI, LI2 may be a little boring, but it has got many good things such as a bigger world to explore. Still, as Baz said:

I loved both games :P

Both games are great.

so when I got LI, I just thought it had very bad graphics.

I will honestly say...I like the graphics of LI1 better than LI2.

It's the grass man. dat grass

I can't walk on dat grass...

The first one to me is only worth playing for nostalgia. There isn't much to do besides the quests which take 2 hours to complete total and changing everyone's hats into cats. LI2 was just a bigger game with a bigger replay value in my opinion. And I thought the voice-overs were hilarious. The fact that the game was buggy fit in with its general wackiness for me (also, LI1 was just as buggy, remember how any vehicles you were in would keep going if you exited them while moving? :P that was fun though). My only qualm with it was the load times, which are fortunately much faster on my new computer than the one I already played it on, and the fact that it never saved my resolution settings. The only thing I wish it had more of was more quests and enterable buildings on Lego Island, such as an underground racetrack like in the first, etc. Jetski races would be cool too. But that and the load times all stem from the fact that they were on a deadline. Overall I still enjoy LI2 more than LI1.

Oh and the fishing mini-game was one of my favorites ;) That and the hang-gliding. My least favorite was probably the jousting one or whatever on castle island where you had to mash keys.

LI1 was just as buggy, remember how any vehicles you were in would keep going if you exited them while moving? :P that was fun though).

I think it's actually a feature.

agree

But it looks nice and grassy, as in IXS. in LI2 it's... neon green?

my first lego game actually games i got lego creator lego island lego rock raiders in a pack when i was like 5

my first lego game actually games i got lego creator lego island lego rock raiders in a pack when i was like 5

If it had Chess, it may have been the same pack I got.

The first one to me is only worth playing for nostalgia. There isn't much to do besides the quests which take 2 hours to complete total and changing everyone's hats into cats. LI2 was just a bigger game with a bigger replay value in my opinion. And I thought the voice-overs were hilarious. The fact that the game was buggy fit in with its general wackiness for me (also, LI1 was just as buggy, remember how any vehicles you were in would keep going if you exited them while moving? :P that was fun though). My only qualm with it was the load times, which are fortunately much faster on my new computer than the one I already played it on, and the fact that it never saved my resolution settings. The only thing I wish it had more of was more quests and enterable buildings on Lego Island, such as an underground racetrack like in the first, etc. Jetski races would be cool too. But that and the load times all stem from the fact that they were on a deadline. Overall I still enjoy LI2 more than LI1.

This is true. :P

But it looks nice and grassy, as in IXS. in LI2 it's... neon green?

If you build something with LEGO, the grass wouldn't be nice and grassy, it would be:

neon green?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Lego Island 2 was all just so generic to me. It's such a painfully, painfully linear game that has no reason to go back and re-play once you finish. LI1 was different for its time, in that it was free-roaming. No set objectives, you just have the freedom to do what you wish. This was a different approach in 1997 -- LI2 is just nothing special if you ask me.

As for the glitches... yeah, LI2 has it much worse by far. You can seriously walk into a building and get stuck if you don't try. And then there's the bi-plane which has the single worst case of timer issues I've seen in my life. They put a timer on absolutely nothing except the plane's normal flight speed, which makes it almost impossible to win if you have a fast computer! (Which, by 2012, amounts to every computer ever)

There's a lot of other qualms I have with it as well, but I've also played Lego Island Xtreme Stunts, which I hate to say it, but that game is probably half the reason I dislike playing LI2. It's so much better in just about every way...yes, the plot may be very short, but I'd say the sidequests and overall fun factor make up for almost all of it. Plus, I'd say it took everything that was good about the first game and the second, and rolled them into one. They went back to the open-world feel, but it played like the second game in other ways. Now I can't stand playing LI2 anymore...only thing that really sucks is that the compatibility is barf :P

If you build something with LEGO, the grass wouldn't be nice and grassy, it would be:

neon green?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that grass was supposed to look like Lego.

Also, wow, this topic sure hasn't derailed one bit.

neon green?

legobrick.jpg

Yep this is definitely neon green

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.