LR2 HAX0R

Lair

I've been looking into that. The game data doesn't have any read-able text and is encrypted by the looks. However there are two INF files that have some readable text. FILELIST.INF is of special concern because it points to files in the Game Data file similar to the WAD's.

LEGO Racers 1 is the feces. LEGO Racers 2 is glitchy and kinda meh. I've driven out-of-bounds in Mars, used a driller missile to get to a seemingly inaccessible island in Sandy Bay, and had doggy missiles target people.

Plus you can do the races in any order since you only need 12 gold bricks to access Arctic. You get 4 from the Sandy Bay races and 3 more are hidden around the level. I can't remember if that's enough to go to Mars, but if it's not then just go to the jungle and get the hidden bricks there, then come back and get the bricks from Mars, then go to Arctic. If you got all the hidden bricks, you'd have 13 by this time and you can then do the worlds in any order. I prefer to do Arctic first, then the jungle, then Mars since the shield generator is pretty worthless compared to the super engine and tires. The Berg is ridiculously easy anyways; once you get ahead of him by using a shortcut 20 seconds into the race you've already won.

I loved LEGO Racers 1, I had it for PS1 and couldn't get enough of it. I remember getting up at like 4:00am once to play it before I had to go to school. They were the fun days...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Couldn't find any way to hack that game a friend of mine said that he could do oil slicking with Sam Sanisters car if some one cant find a way to hack that game soon im gonna go: :E

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Couldn't find any way to hack that game a friend of mine said that he could do oil slicking with Sam Sanisters car if some one cant find a way to hack that game soon im gonna go: :E

Baron Sam Hates Sanister von Baron's car is unlockable in the normal game, as is Cassiopea.

Lair of Rockwhales View PostRock Raider fan no.1, on 26 October 2009 - 01:14 AM, said:

Baron Sam Hates Sanister von Baron's car is unlockable in the normal game, as is Cassiopea.

<_< yeah that i know but *Grits teath* BUT I CANT DO OIL SLICKS

yes i know you can unlock cassiopia you can unlock her via this code in the front end: right, left, right, up, down, left, right, up, up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lego Racers 2 and Drome Racers have the same engine from what I can tell. If anything, the physics are really REALLY similar. I have played both and the first thing I thought when playing Drome Racers was "wow, this is just like LR2". Even the weapons have similarities.

That's possible... But only if they're both made by ATD (Attention to Detail). Are they?

Also, maybe someone could run a hexdiff on the two executables :D

(I only have LR2 so I can't.)

• 4 weeks later...

Is this topic dead?

are we still trying to figure out how to get other cars and oil slicks and martains and ramas all the time?

like i said:

if some one cant find a way to hack that game soon im gonna go: :E

• 1 month later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

Wow! I reeeaaaly want to play as those characters. Has anyone tried asking the people who hosted them? If not, I'll do it.

I've been looking into that. The game data doesn't have any read-able text and is encrypted by the looks. However there are two INF files that have some readable text. FILELIST.INF is of special concern because it points to files in the Game Data file similar to the WAD's.

I was wondering about that. I've been trying to find a way to get that file open, to no avail. If you look real close at the hex code, you can see a few words scattered words in the file. I.E. Berg, music, etc.

While were on the subject of what we can see, there is a readme.txt file in the "game data\music\" folder that says:

;List of music

;Format is <basename>.<tracknum>

menu.1		-menu

sandybay.1	-intro

sandybay.2	-race

sandybay.3	-not used (explore intro)

sandybay.4	-not used (explore driving)

dino.1		-intro

dino.2		-race

dino.3		-boss intro

dino.4		-boss race

mars.1		-intro

mars.2		-race

mars.3		-boss intro

mars.4		-boss race

arctic.1	-intro

arctic.2	-race

arctic.3	-boss intro

arctic.4	-boss race

xalax.1		-intro

xalax.2		-race

xalax.3		-boss intro

xalax.4		-boss race

Bonus.1		-Bonus

And it seems to say that sandybay.3 and sandybay.4 are not used. BTW, don't let the file extensions fool you, there really .mpg files, so you can listen to them outside of game. :P

There is also an empty folder "game data\Saved Games\" that never gets anything in it, because it saves to a place in My Documents. Not sure what's up with that.

BTW, don't let the file extensions fool you, there really .mpg files, so you can listen to them outside of game. :P

Found that out long ago. Made them all music files, now they on my music folder.

JrMasterModelBuilder

BTW, don't let the file extensions fool you, there really .mpg files, so you can listen to them outside of game. :P

Found that out long ago. Made them all music files, now they on my music folder.

It was kind-of obviouse. :P

JrMasterModelBuilder

No. But chances are, it would break.

Very likely. But lets say we switch the path to a model of a default car to the model of Rocket Racers car. Might that give us his car? I haven't really looked yet (might not be possible), but hey, worth a try.

EDIT: Hmm, they say they used cheat engine.

I also found this:

Very likely. But lets say we switch the path to a model of a default car to the model of Rocket Racers car. Might that give us his car? I haven't really looked yet (might not be possible), but hey, worth a try.

I also found this:

Yeah, saw that one :D

Didn't work for me though >_>

JrMasterModelBuilder

I also found this:

Yeah, saw that one :D

Didn't work for me though >_>

Hmm. I managed to edit the EXE without breaking it, but as far as RR's car, no dice yet. :( I'll keep trying.

I was googleing GTC files, and I found something about a "safe folder". Seems to be an encrypted archive or something.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.