Can't install Lego Racers 2

Leumeister

I was recently, today in fact, watching all the LR2 music modding that's goin' on with envious eyes, so I wanted to install it, with, movies and music of course but I get the following error message:

[warn='LEGO® Racers 2']

An error occurred during the move data process: -2147024873

Component: Movies and Music

File Group: Extras

File: F:Installgame dataMoviesARCTIC.mpg

[/warn]

Could you help me please?

JrMasterModelBuilder

This happens during installation? What version of Windows are you using? Is your disc scratched? Did you try disabling antivirus and installing with Windows compatibility mode?

Yeah this happens during Installation, I use Windows 7, and I don't know how to set compatibility mode with installation

EDIT: it is scratched, but not too badly, and uhh, I don't know what to do with the antivirus software

JrMasterModelBuilder

Yeah this happens during Installation, I use Windows 7, and I don't know how to set compatibility mode with installation

EDIT: it is scratched, but not too badly, and uhh, I don't know what to do with the antivirus software

To set compatibility on the installer, insert the CD, go to My Computer, right-click on the CD and click explore. Find the installer (Launcher.exe maybe?) and right-click > Properties > Compatibility > Choose XP or something.

Can you try playing that movie on the disc (if you can find it) and seeing if it's corrupt?

The easies way to do this, insert the CD, press Windows Key + R and enter F:Installgame dataMoviesARCTIC.mpg to see if it plays.

Is an .mpg file a supported format for windows media player?

EDIT: D'ya think I should buy a new copy, or download a torrent? I own the game legitimately so I don't think the torrent would be a problem.

EDIT2becauseiforgottoincludethispartinthefirstedit:Because I think some of the files on the disk are corrupt.

EDIT3:becauseijustfoundoutthatitisbecausewindowsmediaplayerjustopenedupaftertakingit'ssweettime:Yes it is, I think...

EDIT4becauseijusthadamassivebrainwaveandilaunchedtheinstallerunderxpservicepackcompatibilitymodeanditstillfrozeonARCTIC.mpgonceagain:The file, or perhaps the whole folder, is probably corrupt!! Could someone upload the folder to like mediafire, and set a password so not just anybody could download it, please?

THE ULTIMATE EDIT!!!!: The whole folder, and files, seem to be perfectly fine!!!! WHAT?! How can this be!? The installation doesn't work still, and the files are perfectly fine! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!

Right, so they're definately playing, no colour bugs or cutting out or anything?

Can you try making an .iso with a program like DVDDecrypter/ImgBurn (ImgBurn is the new version of DVDDecrypter, both should be free)? Make the iso and get a program like MagicDisc to mount the iso, then install from that.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Right, so they're definately playing, no colour bugs or cutting out or anything?

Can you try making an .iso with a program like DVDDecrypter/ImgBurn (ImgBurn is the new version of DVDDecrypter, both should be free)? Make the iso and get a program like MagicDisc to mount the iso, then install from that.

I recommend using ImgBurn to create an ISO and Daemon Tool Lite to virtualize it. I've personally used these programs to make a working LR2 ISO.

Modded Lego

Yes as Extreme said this should work, just burn an ISO with ImgBurn and mount it with Daemon Tools. If it still dosn't work then I don't know what can help. :whistle:

I installed it, without movies and music, and it worked, and then I went to put them back in, now it wont even play. :(

So should I iso-ize it and mount it?

EDIT: I'm trying to do the a fore mentioned action, and it's stuck on 59 percent. HELP!

JrMasterModelBuilder

What's stuck at 59%? Reinstalling? The creation of the ISO? Reinstalling from the ISO?

JrMasterModelBuilder

If you can copy all the files off the CD into a folder somewhere on your hard drive, you could probably use ImgBurn to create an ISO from that folder.

I already own the game, so I think it should be legal... but all this legitimacy is dull, we should incorporate action!

If you can copy all the files off the CD into a folder somewhere on your hard drive, you could probably use ImgBurn to create an ISO from that folder.

Your CD is scratched then. ImgBurn gets stuck if it's having trouble reading the disc.

Lego King is right, my CD is scratched

Try a disc cleaning kit or machine if you can find one, but otherwise copy everything you can to the HDD and turn that into an iso with MagicIso.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Sorry to disappoint, but copyright law does say otherwise. As much as it sucks, you aren't legally allowed to download a game no matter what. Regardless if you have it or not, you are only entitled to the copy you own. Even if you send parts of it, that's still illegal. Now, when it comes to morality, it's debatable. Honestly, I'm not in control of your lives, so really it's up to you.

Sorry to disappoint, but copyright law does say otherwise. As much as it sucks, you aren't legally allowed to download a game no matter what. Regardless if you have it or not, you are only entitled to the copy you own. Even if you send parts of it, that's still illegal. Now, when it comes to morality, it's debatable. Honestly, I'm not in control of your lives, so really it's up to you.

Can you help me try and run the game without the disk? I only need the music.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that installing without movies and music is fine.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I think this should work:

Step 1: Install the game without videos and audio.

Step 2: Go to your LEGO Racers 2 install folder. (Something like C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Racers 2) If you have a shortcut on your desktop, you can right-click on the LEGO Racers shortcut and select "Open file location" to open this folder.

Step 3: Open the "game data" folder and create 2 new folders named "Movies" and "music".

Step 4: Copy all the music files (*.1 *.2 *.3 *.4 *.5 files) off the disc into the "music" folder and do the same for the video files (*.mpg) into the "Movies" folder.

Step 5: Click start and search for "regedit". Find the "moviespath" registry entry for LEGO Racers 2. (I find it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/LEGO Media/games/LEGO Racers 2/moviespath but it may be in another location for you, you can search for it by searching for "LEGO Racers 2" or "moviespath")

Step 6: Double click on the entry to edit it, copy the path to the LEGO Racers 2 install, and past it into this string (i.e. "C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Racers 2")

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.