LI3XS Debugger

Lair

I'm trying to run IXS in a VM, but it refuses to start because it tells me to close a debugger.

1. There is no "debugger"

2. Why does it care?

Fluffy Cupcake

1. No idea. What VM is it?

2. Because they don't want people debugging the game I guess (if it comes from the game). Does the message come from the game itself or the VM?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Most VM software has no support for 3D acceleration. You see, back in the day, computers couldn't just run 3D games using the video card. It needed an extra card called a 3D accelerator. Nowadays, every computer is already accelerated for you. But back then, you had to shell out extra money. VMs very rarely include support for this. I know for fact XP Mode doesn't have it. VMware does have it, but it takes some extra steps. If you're trying to run Windows 95 or 98 though, you have no chance. I think VMware only supports it for XP and above.

3D acceleration

Which has nothing to do with my issue.

What VM is it?

VirtualBox I think. It seems other people have reported this issue, but there's not a clear fix.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I realize debugging has little to do with 3D acceleration, but you very rarely come across VMs that support it, so that's the first issue that came to my mind. Like I said, no 3D acceleration means no game.

I realize debugging has little to do with 3D acceleration, but you very rarely come across VMs that support it, so that's the first issue that came to my mind. Like I said, no 3D acceleration means no game.

But I never asked anything about 3D. I just want to know how to get it to stop asking for a debugger.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I realize that. My logic is that this may be the root of the problem!

Edit: Okay, yes, I am being stupid. It gives you a different error if you try to run it without one. I just have a tendency to point this out whenever someone's trying to run a Direct3D game in a VM. Sorry to waste your time. Looks like I can't help you :(

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.