Drome Racers GameCube

Nishliau

I am now going to upload some footage of Drome Racers for the GameCube, because Jamesster asked nicely.

-Looks at shelf-

I have this for the gamecube... It's certainly dusty.

Looks like I'm popping this in later...

Could you possibly get some video of it up on YouTube? The GameCube version of Drome Racers is quite different from the other ports, I played it at a friend's house once last year, and aside from the reworked menus, it also has a power-up or two not in other versions of the game (like a shield power-up), an exclusive two-player battle mode that uses unique cars and arenas, and probably some other differences/extra content (I didn't get to play it all that long before we moved on to something else).

Reason it's not in the thread right now, is because it's post-processing right now. When that's done, and uploaded to YouTube, I'll update this post. I just wanted to have the topic posted so it's not bothering me.

Currently being uploaded, I'll embed the video after it's finished uploading.

Here it is.

(No idea how to embed)

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but it seems cars handle a lot better in this than on PC. Maybe there is a sensitivity setting...

Fluffy Cupcake

Embed it by putting the url in the tag (and remove the &feature + whatever junk at the end of it).

I noticed how it said "lap record" out loud, unlike the PC version.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems cars handle a lot better in this than on PC. Maybe there is a sensitivity setting...

Maybe, I've noticed a lot of console-based racing games, that work better on the console than the PC counterpart.

After I start messing around a bit more with my capture care, since it works now. I might put some of the career on YouTube.

JrMasterModelBuilder

It would be awesome to see some battle gameplay!

Is battle 2 player only?

I don't know. Probably. That how it was in LEGO Racers 2.

I'll check it out in a couple hours, when I can use the recorder again. Well, when I want to use it for Drome Racers, I'm doing a Let's Play on Metroid Prime. So, it'll be up no later than tomorrow.

lol username

From what I remember battle mode was 2-player only, the two players drove around in Nitro Pulverizers, there were power-ups in several colors (like yellow and blue I think), and while the arenas were unique, they were themed to the tracks of the rest of the game (I played with my friend a bit in an arena that looked like Rocky Canyon Speedway in style)... Blah, my memory is fuzzy...

From what I remember battle mode was 2-player only, the two players drove around in Nitro Pulverizers, there were power-ups in several colors (like yellow and blue I think), and while the arenas were unique, they were themed to the tracks of the rest of the game (I played with my friend a bit in an arena that looked like Rocky Canyon Speedway in style)... Blah, my memory is fuzzy...

Was battle mode in the PC version, too? If it is, I have never noticed it. I remember it from LR2, but not in Drome Racers.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Was battle mode in the PC version, too? If it is, I have never noticed it. I remember it from LR2, but not in Drome Racers.

No. I wish it were though.

I wish I had a second controller, I'm going to try to get one off a friend. If any still HAVE controllers. :|

Battle is a two to four player mode like all of the other multiplayer modes. More players opens up more of the map.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.