Can't Install Lego Stunt Rally

Riegel2222

Riegel2222

Stunt rally crashed on choosing cars before, so I uninstalled it, and then re-install it, but the launcher just freezes and the installer doesn't work. I re-downloaded it and it still didn't work

I'm using Windows 7 and I ran it as administrator. What now??? D:

You say you downloaded it? That's piracy. It is illegal to download video games that have not been released free to the public by their creator(s). I'm sorry, but unless you've got a disc of Stunt Rally and can prove it by a picture with your name written on a piece of paper in the same shot, I cannot help you. Piracy is wrong, I do not, and will never, support piracy, and helping someone run a pirated game is like helping a crook rob a bank by distracting the police who is trying to get the crook.

Riegel2222

I had Lego Stunt Rally bought years ago but the disc broke. So I downloaded it years after to get the good ol' experience >_>

Get ur facts straight mr.acta :(

Even if you owned it in the past, the fact is your disc broke, and you no longer own the game. I owned a lot of games years ago, but I no longer own those discs. But since I owned them before, am I allowed to download them years later?

Nope. I'm not. They were never freely released to the public, and if I go download them, I am a pirate. This is the same thing. You owned the game years ago, but it broke (in my case, they were given away). Now, years later, you want to play this game, and you download it to relive some childhood memories. I want to play my games too, but unless I go buy them, I will not be playing them.

If I sound like Mr. ACTA, it's only because piracy is wrong, and I do not anyone to do it, doesn't matter what. So, I just try to point that out to them. Sometimes, the truth sounds mean, when it's not. And that's just what's happening here.

Oboe Shoes

Either way, the fact that you're trying to run some discless version really limits anything anyone can do to help you with it. Pirated or not, there's all sorts of things that can, and apparently did, break.

Even if you owned it in the past, the fact is your disc broke, and you no longer own the game

The way I see it, as long as you still have the original disc, broken or not, it's ok to download it.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

That's actually still illegal. You aren't entitled to download a game you own. You CAN, however, make a backup copy of the game in the case the disc breaks. It's "tied" to the original though; should you give up your game, the backup has to go too.

I'm actually in the process of making backup ISO images of every game I own. Especially a good thing, because I actually own some pretty rare ones. I'd reccomend it highly; you never know what may happen!

You can make a backup copy of the game in the case the disc breaks.

I recently found out that one of my PS1s has a modchip in it, so I made a backup copy of my scratched Hot Wheels Turbo Racing disc.

Though admittedly, the first thing I did was download LEGO Racers for the PS1 and burn it to a disc. :whistle:

Can we talk about a solution rather than discussing piracy >.<

I'm afraid that, in your haste, you've missed the point. We can't discuss illegally-acquired games. Regardless of whether you've own a copy or not, the methods which you've gone to own the game are illegal.

In future, don't take that attitude with us. We'll discuss what we want to discuss. You're most likely one of those "get help and leave" members, so you have no right to tell us what we can talk about.

Read the other topics and try get help from that. We can't do any more for you here.

I doubt that everyone who has asked for help with LRR bought the game and still has the disk, yet we try to help everyone that asks for help. Please don't derail topics because of your stance on piracy unless the topic involves someone asking to download a game that should be bought. If they already downloaded it, you end up looking like a vegetarian that throws a tantrum over seeing a piece of chicken in your salad; the chicken is already dead and whining won't bring it back to life.

I will agree with Oboe on this and say that if it's not from an original disk, there are a number of things that could be wrong. One thing that comes to mind if the installer isn't working anymore is that you might have a 64-bit computer and Stunt Rally's installer is 16-bit. There's some update in Vista and Win7 that apparently destroys the ability for 64-bit computers to run 16-bit programs (it's happened to me) so your only option if this is the case is to find a 32-bit computer. Something pre-Vista, at least.

• Like 2

Mr. Eight-Three-One

The 64-bit versions of Vista and 7 stopped supporting 16-bit applications. You see, some games back then came with 16-bit installers to tell Windows 3.1 users that they couldn't run the game. Otherwise, it would give them a more obscure "Error Code: 21". Nobody knew what the heck this meant (I only learned from experience!), so instead they just made the installer that way to throw an error message telling them they couldn't run it. It was a win-win situation back then. Cut to 2007 where 64-bit computers become mainstream. Now it's basically a big nuisance to anyone trying to run a perfectly 32-bit game, with the installer being the only thing stopping them.

Even if you owned it in the past, the fact is your disc broke, and you no longer own the game. I owned a lot of games years ago, but I no longer own those discs. But since I owned them before, am I allowed to download them years later?

Nope. I'm not. They were never freely released to the public, and if I go download them, I am a pirate. This is the same thing. You owned the game years ago, but it broke (in my case, they were given away). Now, years later, you want to play this game, and you download it to relive some childhood memories. I want to play my games too, but unless I go buy them, I will not be playing them.

If I sound like Mr. ACTA, it's only because piracy is wrong, and I do not anyone to do it, doesn't matter what. So, I just try to point that out to them. Sometimes, the truth sounds mean, when it's not. And that's just what's happening here.

Now your Mr.ACTA and I believe you partly supported it.

I doubt that everyone who has asked for help with LRR bought the game and still has the disk, yet we try to help everyone that asks for help. Please don't derail topics because of your stance on piracy unless the topic involves someone asking to download a game that should be bought. If they already downloaded it, you end up looking like a vegetarian that throws a tantrum over seeing a piece of chicken in your salad; the chicken is already dead and whining won't bring it back to life.

I will agree with Oboe on this and say that if it's not from an original disk, there are a number of things that could be wrong. One thing that comes to mind if the installer isn't working anymore is that you might have a 64-bit computer and Stunt Rally's installer is 16-bit. There's some update in Vista and Win7 that apparently destroys the ability for 64-bit computers to run 16-bit programs (it's happened to me) so your only option if this is the case is to find a 32-bit computer. Something pre-Vista, at least.

I use 32-Bit!

I'm sorry, but unless you've got a disc of Stunt Rally and can prove it by a picture with your name written on a piece of paper in the same shot, I cannot help you.

Please show me one topic on this site (or any site) where someone had to do that to receive help with their game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, not entirely helpful, but my Lego Stunt Rally just randomly started working again after giving up trying to get it to work like a year ago. What a buggy game...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.