Lego City: Undercover

Fluffy Cupcake

It does look good, but I won't be getting a Wii U anytime soon, considering we bought the original Wii at $250 and haven't used it a lot. I wish it were on at least PC too, then I'd probably get it.

Looks like LEGO City: Undercover ties in with the 2013 LEGO City sets, like how Island Xtreme Stunts had both a game and sets that went with it.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/60007_Car_Chase

So, buy the sets and not the game to show interest in the theme, and then keep flooding TTGame's email with stuff about how the game should have been multi-platformed.

• Like 3

I'm really pissed about how I can't play this. There's no way I'm buying a 3DS or Wii U for this. It could easily have been been made for PC.

• Like 3

I'm really pissed about how I can't play this. There's no way I'm buying a 3DS or Wii U for this. It could easily have been been made for PC.

This entire topic, in a nutshell.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Two new trailers were released today in the UK and Japan Nintendo Direct presentations, this just keeps looking better and better:

Also, the NA Nintendo Direct presentation had a segment showing more gameplay details, skip to 3:14:

It doesn't change the fact that they're not making this multiplatform, despite the fact that the Xbox 360 will offer the same functionality, even greater than, the Wii U.

What a kick in the nads.

Fluffy Cupcake

I like the part where Reggie mentions how LEGO games on Nintendo consoles go all the way back to N64 and Gameboy. At least he doesn't forget about the old games! Though as Extreme said, still disapointing about it not being multiplatform.

• Like 3

It could easily have been been made for PC.

It was made on a PC, they are just trying to screw us over and get people to buy a Wii U for the exclusive title.

It doesn't change the fact that they're not making this multiplatform, despite the fact that the Xbox 360 will offer the same functionality, even greater than, the Wii U.

I still think you're not understanding why it's not multiplatform. I'm not saying that anyone should get a Wii U just for this game (if anything, the only good reason would be because of how easy it is to softmod), but unless Microsoft has a dual-screen controller accessory or a pointer remote in the works it won't be able to implement a lot of the game's features.

PCs might be able to implement something similar using the mouse, though.

• Like 1

I still think you're not understanding why it's not multiplatform. I'm not saying that anyone should get a Wii U just for this game (if anything, the only good reason would be because of how easy it is to softmod), but unless Microsoft has a dual-screen controller accessory or a pointer remote in the works it won't be able to implement a lot of the game's features.

They didn't have to make it this way at all. They chose to make it exclusive... or cut a deal with Nintendo. For the fact LEGO could have made much more money making it multi-platform... my vote goes to the cutting of a deal.

PCs might be able to implement something similar using the mouse, though.

But that's the point, that's what SmartGlass is for.

But that's the point, that's what SmartGlass is for.

Huh... Microsoft must have been keeping that one under wraps until now. It may be inconvenient to switch from a controller to a tablet or back, but I guess they don't have an excuse anymore.

Of course, I still say that bashing a game simply because it's on a system you don't like is pointless. The energy spent is better used dealing with more important things.

Of course, I still say that bashing a game simply because it's on a system you don't like is pointless. The energy spent is better used dealing with more important things.

Like bashing the system I don't like.

Like bashing the system I don't like.

Comically true, but that's not exactly what I meant.

While the game does look awesome, are the buildings in the city even made of Lego bricks?

Cause that's a serious pet peeve of mine.

Were the buildings in any LEGO game ever made out of bricks, with exception to Creator?

... Yeeeeees... Just about every single non-TT game ever... :|

Also, TT does the realistic background stuff to make smashable stuff or puzzle elements stand out.

There were some LEGO shacks in Tribal Island Trail, the castles in Royal Knights Raceway and Dark Forest Dash and parts of the ones in Knightmare-athon, all the buildings in Ice Planet Pathway and Magma Moon Marathon, Several structures in Amazon Adventure Alley, parts of buildings in Adventure Temple Trail and Desert Adventure Dragway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.