Manga/anime Discussion Topic

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I've never gotten into the massive series like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. I am beginning to work on Detective Conan (AKA Case Closed) at my girlfriend's behest, though, and it's pretty good. Generally, I prefer shorter series, like Gurren Lagann, Attack on Titan, and Gargantia. Clannad's also up there in my favorites, though, and it's collectively pretty long.

natcO

ANIME FTW! hope every one agrees=)

LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Didn't see any threads like this so here we go. Anybody else here watch any anime? What are some of your favorite series? What do you think of the current season so far?

A link to my watchlist is in my signature. Some of my favorites this season are Amagi Brilliant Park, Your Lie In April, and Magic Kaito.

The Ace Railgun

Here's my incomplete list of Watched, planning to watch, and watching. http://myanimelist.n...&show=0&order=4 Still have about 600+ to add.

Though my favorites (overall) are A Certain Magical Index, Dantalian no Shoka, Acchi Kocchi, Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun, Ore, TwinTails Ni Narimasu, and Steins;Gate.

LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Oh, Steins;Gate and Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun were fantastic. And wow, that's an impressive list. Glad to find someone who likes Clannad as much as I do! And Galilei Donna- I thought hardly anyone watched that!

The Ace Railgun

Yeah, Gelilei Donna was really good,
Spoiler
Also a couple honorable mentions are Erukea Seven, and Heroman.

In other news, I heard that the Tale of Princess Kaguya is coming to the U.S. and it looks really good. I just hope they don't ruin it by giving it a bad English Dub.

McJobless

*cough* Looks like there was another Anime topic made years ago. *cough*
  • Xiron thanked this

Seaborgium

Seaborgium

Insufferable Sesquipedalian Grouse

• Bronze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I realize that certain types of topics are "bumpable". However, I don't really think it's reasonable for people to have to look through more than the first page to find such topics. I think it would be better to just let this topic be.

sheepandshepherd

I haven't watched any anime since summer, should really get back on that :)

Some that I really liked are Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Bakemonogatari, and Steins;Gate.

English dubs are ick...most anime is clearly not for little kids, it shouldn't sound like it is :P

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

I realize that certain types of topics are "bumpable". However, I don't really think it's reasonable for people to have to look through more than the first page to find such topics. I think it would be better to just let this topic be.

OP posted in the old topic before. I'll just merge them.

PlatonicWaffles

PlatonicWaffles

Connoisseuse of All Things Sweet and Sugary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I watch anime with my best friend, Conny, on a regular basis. At the moment we're alternating between two episodes of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun on one week, and then two of When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace on the other.

Also, I want to recommend The Pet Girl of Sakurasou if you're into slice of life animes like Toradora or Lucky Star. I loved that one so, so much.

Ben24x7

I avoided manga/anime after I found out my older sister was watching a manga parody of a children's show... ...but back in the summer I found one named 'Wolf and Spice'.

I was interested at first, however after I realised it got in the way of my thoughts during Church service I gave up watching it, if you've seen the series you probably will understand why.