Manga/anime Discussion Topic

McJobless

The Ace Railgun

My favourite animes are (in no particular order) :

Lucky Star

Chobits

Gurren Lagann

Cardcaptor Sakura

Haha I love Lucky Star! I especially like that little dance thing they do, at the end was it? Or the OP? It's been a while since I've seen it...It was the number 20th anime I saw out of my 322+ list...

The Ace Railgun

Anyone following this seasons anime? Still just started, but the lineup is looking pretty awesome in my opinion.

Yeah I'm following quite a few, watching Suisei, Valvrave, The Devil is a Part timer, and To aru Kagaku no Railgun S To name a few. Want to see that one about the giants though.

Attack on Titan is definitively a series to check out, it is very well made.

A bit confused about Railgun S though, didn't they already cover this part?

I'm quite enjoying Data a Live, it sounded stupid so I checked it out on a wimp, but that thing is hilarious. (Basically it is a parody of dating games, mixed with sci-fi.)

The Ace Railgun

Attack on Titan is definitively a series to check out, it is very well made.

A bit confused about Railgun S though, didn't they already cover this part?

I'm quite enjoying Data a Live, it sounded stupid so I checked it out on a wimp, but that thing is hilarious. (Basically it is a parody of dating games, mixed with sci-fi.)

Actually Railgn S takes place during the sisters ark but I'm not sure where it is timeline wise it's still good though. Also you should check out Suisei no Gargantia it's really good so far. Oh and also watch Hakkenden: Eight dogs of the east.

I know it is the sisters act, but I already know the sisters act? It feels like I'm rewatching an old series...

I'm am watching Suisei no Gargantia, I really like its soundtrack and the animation is nice as well, but the plot seems kinda shallow so far in my opinion. Episode 4 today though, so lets see, maybe it is just slow in the uptake...

The Ace Railgun

I know it is the sisters act, but I already know the sisters act? It feels like I'm rewatching an old series...

I'm am watching Suisei no Gargantia, I really like its soundtrack and the animation is nice as well, but the plot seems kinda shallow so far in my opinion. Episode 4 today though, so lets see, maybe it is just slow in the uptake...

Well I think it is sort of acting like a prequel to the sisters act, like telling you what happened up to the sisters ark in To Aru Majutsu no index...if that makes sense...god...my English today...

Anywho just thought I'd change topic here but what do you think of Weeaboos? You know those annoying fans of anime and such the just can't stop complaining about how bad Naruto is when they don't have a reason to back up their claim...also the ones who randomly use Japanese words even when they don't know what it means...they are really annoying sometimes...

Because I mean I like Naruto but I can definitely see it's flaws, I like Bleach, and onepiece as well but again I can see their flaws. But I don't go randomly screaming THEY KILLED OFF THIS CHARACTER SO I'M GOING TO HATE THE SHOW FOR NO REASON!!! Yeah just like that it's so annoying when people just hate something for no reason!!

Again I apologize for my grammar...but learning three languages is confuzling as heck...

I think the issue with Naruto was that it started to become more mainstream and those weeaboos who wanted to make themselves appear special, tried to give Naruto a negative reputation. I don't see the point in that...

Personally, I watched just under 200 episodes of Bleach and I came to hate it with passion. Not much have I rage-quited, but Bleach was definitively one of them. The music and action was well executed, however the plot was mediocre from the start and it just when downhill after season 1 or 2. And it just continued to worsen, to the point that I was looking forward to the filler episodes.

Actually, my main complain was that they never killed off anyone. They fought to the death every second episode to the point where one would die if not taken care of, and then they heal them, sometimes becoming friends or to fight again next season. When they made it appear (to me at least) that Rukia might had died, I became quite excited. When they killed off Ichigo some episodes later I was so happy. Well, until I noticed that they just killed the main character, it was not the last episode and not Ga-Rei Zero either. Next episode they now gained the power to resurrect dead people, and it just became too much for me...

Since a good story matters to me, I try to avoid those ongoing series. A story without a well thought out ending just tend to be lacking. Sadly, I see good stories being converted into ongoing ones because they become popular. For example Sword Art Online, if you read the novels it is quite obvious that the first book was "Sword Art Online" and not "Sword Art Online 1", the ending closed up the story well and did not intend it to be continued. However now there is suddenly 9 books. (And honestly, they are terrible.)

Bleach might have been the same, though I don't really remember much of it...

• 4 months later...
LockmanCapulet

I've never gotten into the massive series like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. I am beginning to work on Detective Conan (AKA Case Closed) at my girlfriend's behest, though, and it's pretty good. Generally, I prefer shorter series, like Gurren Lagann, Attack on Titan, and Gargantia. Clannad's also up there in my favorites, though, and it's collectively pretty long.

• 1 year later...
LockmanCapulet

Didn't see any threads like this so here we go. Anybody else here watch any anime? What are some of your favorite series? What do you think of the current season so far?

A link to my watchlist is in my signature. Some of my favorites this season are Amagi Brilliant Park, Your Lie In April, and Magic Kaito.

LockmanCapulet

Oh, Steins;Gate and Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun were fantastic. And wow, that's an impressive list. Glad to find someone who likes Clannad as much as I do! And Galilei Donna- I thought hardly anyone watched that!

The Ace Railgun

Yeah, Gelilei Donna was really good,

plus I'm addicted to Timetravel stories

:P

Also a couple honorable mentions are Erukea Seven, and Heroman.

In other news, I heard that the Tale of Princess Kaguya is coming to the U.S. and it looks really good. I just hope they don't ruin it by giving it a bad English Dub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM6hcHp0_kU

I realize that certain types of topics are "bumpable". However, I don't really think it's reasonable for people to have to look through more than the first page to find such topics. I think it would be better to just let this topic be.

sheepandshepherd

I haven't watched any anime since summer, should really get back on that :)

Some that I really liked are Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Bakemonogatari, and Steins;Gate.

English dubs are ick...most anime is clearly not for little kids, it shouldn't sound like it is :P

I realize that certain types of topics are "bumpable". However, I don't really think it's reasonable for people to have to look through more than the first page to find such topics. I think it would be better to just let this topic be.

OP posted in the old topic before. I'll just merge them.

PlatonicWaffles

I watch anime with my best friend, Conny, on a regular basis. At the moment we're alternating between two episodes of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun on one week, and then two of When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace on the other.

Also, I want to recommend The Pet Girl of Sakurasou if you're into slice of life animes like Toradora or Lucky Star. I loved that one so, so much.

I avoided manga/anime after I found out my older sister was watching a manga parody of a children's show... ...but back in the summer I found one named 'Wolf and Spice'.

I was interested at first, however after I realised it got in the way of my thoughts during Church service I gave up watching it, if you've seen the series you probably will understand why.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.