Bionicle

Zephyria

(The Legend Reborn was SO FAIL in my opinion)

Who got the idea to make them look identicle to how they do in the sets? That kind of killed something with them...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aki Dazrold

• aLPHA

• Devestater

• Lair

Well, Lair, the story was LAME (and unresolved by another movie, which was planned until BIONICLE's untimely demise), the acting was LAMER (cheesy GASPS aplenty!), AT LEAST FIVE SETS WEREN'T IN THE MOVIE (Gelu, Malum cameo, Zesk, Tellerius, etc., etc., etc,) and BIONICLE 2 trumped them all. 'Nuff said.

Well, Lair, the story was LAME (and unresolved by another movie, which was planned until BIONICLE's untimely demise)

I must say, I don't know why people think that everything after 2003 sucked (it didn't they need to gtho), but 2009 really killed the theme with this bara magna stuff.

Tauka Usanake

Well the sets and stories we're so bad. I mean yes, little kids WILL get lost if they actually try reading this stuff, I was lost untill wikapedia saved me. :D But even then it was a cool story and can be clearly called an epic or as it went, a cronicle. The sets were fair I'll say but didn't change so much as they went. They did get a little annoying and even skipped a few I would have liked to see.

If I may start a new thought in here, the story never really finished completely correct? It was quite a big cliff hanger. I mean, what happened to those trapped with the guy cursed to have everything around him come to life? And everyone is brought together now. Evil is dead. That means there is nother left now?

Devestater obviously was never around during bionicle. They use the same pieces but they are not the same. (Ben Poop uses a whole entirely different system.)

Devestater

Devestater obviously was never around during bionicle. They use the same pieces but they are not the same. (Ben Poop uses a whole entirely different system.)

aLPHA are you sure you didnt mean Bionicle Poop?

aLPHA are you sure you didnt mean Bionicle Poop?

I'm not a true fan of bionicle but it was a real innovation with lego (their first non-licensed REAL storyline). I just disagree with you saying they are the same. Hero factory looks similar but there are WAY too many special pieces (Well all the new bionicles were the same way) and the ben 10 just uses the bionicle pieces to snap really big special pieces together.

Do you mean bionicle as the building brick type or the story?

I'm a Bionicle fanboy. Problem?

Bioncle is where my creativity will always be, as it was the parts I spent the most time with. I won't hear a word against it. Not even its poor storyline, or the degrading quality of the figures as time went on...I own(ed) almost every piece featured in this product line, and I couldn't imagine selling them...

And Devestater? GET THE [Please Talk Properly] OUT of this conversation if you want to make one more stupid Ben 10 comment. Sure, spam all the other LEGO product line posts, but not this one. This one's mine.

Not even its poor storyline, or the degrading quality of the figures as time went on...

I never noticed either of these untill 2009, so I don't know where you're coming from :af:

For your health, I recommend you stay out of this topic. Bionicle is not the same as Ben 10 and neither is hero factory (why is it called hero factory?)

Lol I remember having every vissorak (however that's spelled). I also had every one of those bahraki whatevers. I had tahu and a ghali mask from a toothbrush(lol toothbrush).

It's kinda ironic how my real name is Ben...@Lair, it degraded at about 2009. Although, I still think the Piraka were a bad idea to begin with...then again, I did like the parts I got from the models...

I had tahu and a ghali mask from a toothbrush(lol toothbrush).

I'm not alone!

And Devestator, stop saying that! These guys are not the same:

8410-1.jpg

lego_bionicle_toa_super_nuva_onua.jpg

Lego-Hero-Factory-2145-Stormer-30.jpg

Sure, they have some of the same parts. But it's like saying Classic Space is the same as Mars Mission, or that Rock Raiders is the same as Power Miners. They are all bricks, so they're the same theme, right? NO.

Learn your theme differences. If they were the same theme, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DIFFERENT THEME NAMES.

Devestater

PWNZOR, you proved that bionicle, Ben 10 and Hero Factory are the same. I mean that they all look the same in your potos. Also, rock raiders are the same as power miners except, power miners is better! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks: :bandit:

You obviously have no attention to detail. And while they may contain some of the same pieces, it does not mean they are the same thing. It's like saying Africa is the same as Asia, because they are both made of land, people, and water. Or that Rollercoaster Tycoon is the same as Zoo Tycoon, because the CD case they come is the same shape, they are both CD's, and have 'tycoon' in the name.

I also like how you completely ignored the logic in my post and took just the pictures off of my post, saying how I 'proved' it.

And stop sending me numerous pointless messages and comments; I get enough emails about this just from your reply to this topic. I don't need 4 comments and a personal message about it.

Devestater

PWNZOR, you proved that bionicle, Ben 10 and Hero Factory are the same. I mean that they all look the same in your potos. Also, rock raiders are the same as power miners except, power miners is better! Also, Hero Factory and Ben 10 are the same and better. Go watch some Ben 10 now. I can sell you all the bionicles i hav e for one doller each. :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks: :bandit:

Also, rock raiders are the same as power miners except, power miners is better! Also, Hero Factory and Ben 10 are the same and better.

Those are hardly compelling arguments. You might believe that, but I think most on this forum recognize that all sets are distinguishable. Some elements will naturally carry over or provide influence, but to say Rock Raiders == Power Miners is False.

Minifig9292

Also, rock raiders are the same as power miners except, power miners is better! Also, Hero Factory and Ben 10 are the same and better.

WELLP

No good can come of this.

Run while you still can, I personally don't care about what you think, BUT THEY DO.

Alexpanter

That could be either the best sarcasm ever or the dumbest comment ever.

Devestater - If you want to continue discussion on Ben 10 and PM being better than other sets, do it in a new topic.

Back on-topic please.

Near the end of bionicle the poor story line made me stop buying them. What was the purpose of the "glatorians"? I thought the bionicles were all about helping eachother take down enemies, not fighting eachother. You could say that bionicle ended on a bad note only to pick up on a even worse one (Hero Factory and Ben 10). How leog could drop a theme that has been running for ten years and expect loyal fans to pick up on these "replacements" makes me sick.

RIP Bionicle :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.