Orr-Gml 3D

Redacted

hello,

remember the old ORR-GML?

the 2d ugly-pointless whatevah game made in gamemaker?

well, its back, now:

• cooler
  • better graphics
  • other game mode(from RTS to the action lrr style(ps1))
  • multiplayer(yes, you heard me(too bad it isn't finished yet))

Pictures:

not yet made, ok?

Download!

Controls:

arrow keys to move

space to drill

driving (not out yet, its for 0.4):

W to throttle and use your mouse to steer :)

-/=LRRFTW=-

Nobody cares? Um, it's the weekend. We all have stuff to do on the weekends, so many people probably haven't seen this topic. Plus, you just posted this two days ago. Who has had a chance to look at it? It's like you made a video for the intent purpose for it to be viral, and the next Miri h you only have 5 views. Patience, young padawan. Someone will see this. Besides, if you give up on everything you do, you will never finish anything, and your friends would call you a quitter. Now, you don't want to be called a quitter, do you? Didn't think so. :)

Nobody cares? Um, it's the weekend. We all have stuff to do on the weekends, so many people probably haven't seen this topic. Plus, you just posted this two days ago. Who has had a chance to look at it? It's like you made a video for the intent purpose for it to be viral, and the next Miri h you only have 5 views. Patience, young padawan. Someone will see this. Besides, if you give up on everything you do, you will never finish anything, and your friends would call you a quitter. Now, you don't want to be called a quitter, do you? Didn't think so. :)

i'm already called a quitter, and i harsly have friends.

Addictgamer

I think nobody's replied to this yet because there's nothing to say. In my case at least, we're waiting for the project to be finished and released. Then there's stuff to post. And don't forget about patience.

Fluffy Cupcake

I didn't even see this topic yet, but now that I have. It sound okay. I'll assume it's not a platformer. (I've seen so many platformers made with GM so that's the first thing that comes to mind. :P)

I didn't even see this topic yet, but now that I have. It sound okay. I'll assume it's not a platformer. (I've seen so many platformers made with GM so that's the first thing that comes to mind. :P)

for now its just top down, cant seem to rotate the cam like i want.

i found some graphical glitches :S

there is a black space between ground and lava and there is a wierd light strip under the hard rock

I found some bugs. In some areas, the floor disappears. This can happen with either CAVERN FLOOR or LAVA, with the later having a Parallax effect background with the appearance of stationary lava. I'll can post screenshots if you'd like.

I found some bugs. In some areas, the floor disappears. This can happen with either CAVERN FLOOR or LAVA, with the later having a Parallax effect background with the appearance of stationary lava. I'll can post screenshots if you'd like.

i know that at 1 point when you drill a wall that there is no rubble/floor.

but can you please show a pic of the lava dissapearing? becouse that never happend to me :o

edit:

i've fixxed all the 'bugs'. it actually were no bugs, it was just some stuff that i was working on and never finished it :L

ah well, its working now! the fixxes will be in 0.4 :)

Edited by rockraider pascal

Protip: You don't release things with code that's partially done. You can release things with code you're working on, as long as non of it's implemented. When something works, then you can release it with that code implemented. If its not, then comment that part out when you release it. For example, if you're putting in code to add something to the HUD, you only implement it when it's done. If you leave it half done and implemented, it won't look like and you'll be confusing people.

Protip: You don't release things with code that's partially done. You can release things with code you're working on, as long as non of it's implemented. When something works, then you can release it with that code implemented. If its not, then comment that part out when you release it. For example, if you're putting in code to add something to the HUD, you only implement it when it's done. If you leave it half done and implemented, it won't look like and you'll be confusing people.

I don't think he intended to release it with the incomplete map.

no, that little part without the rubble was just something i didn't notice when i created the wall to rubble system , i'm sorry about that :[

It's good for an alpha. I'm not sure how multiplayer would fit into this but this looks like a good start for a single-player game. I like the red/blue forcefield of doom that drills walls instantly.

It's good for an alpha. I'm not sure how multiplayer would fit into this but this looks like a good start for a single-player game. I like the red/blue forcefield of doom that drills walls instantly.

that's just the a scaled version of how the player used to look like. i'm now working on drill times :) and about the multiplayer:

i'm thinking about a co-op game with a hub like in portal 2 co-op for the level select :)

hay im knew to this site so im not quiet informed yet, but what is this?

It's Pascal's attempt to remake Rock Raiders in GML. His is one of a host of projects that are trying to do the same.

I'm not very fond of Game Maker, but I'd like to see any of these ORR projects get finished.

yeah, i don't really like gamemaker either but it started as a schoolproject and i really want to finish it :)

I'm happy to see that you work on this, and I think it looks good. I won't upload a screenshot, but I found a hole in the ground in the map (which by the way is huge, good work!) I don't know if you are aware of it, but now you know it. :) I think this will be great when it is finished, keep up the good work!

I'm happy to see that you work on this, and I think it looks good. I won't upload a screenshot, but I found a hole in the ground in the map (which by the way is huge, good work!) I don't know if you are aware of it, but now you know it. :) I think this will be great when it is finished, keep up the good work!

thanks! and yes, i know about that bug. i forgot to apply my new wall-to-rubble system to that wall becouse that wall wasn't important to go to the goal :P

• 4 weeks later...

I can't figure out the controls I can move but can't get out of the start box or drill

oh well, sorry. forgot to add the controls :P

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE ABOUT ORR-GML 3D

0.4 is nearly finished, ill think that i can add some massive stuff this weekend :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.