Lego Racers... Online!?!?

STUDZ

Fluffy Cupcake

Not LRs, but rather LR2. I'm not going to bother making a topic on something so little.

I found this in the exe of LR2

TEST SERVER.TESTNAME....xxx's Game..

Server thinks there are %d laps

but as Extreme concluded after finding out that was the only line of text with server

Extreme110 said:
So, it may have been concepted but it was cut for sure.

and I agree with that.

• 1 month later...
Modded Lego

Well if you found that in the Lego Racers 2 exe then it must be able to go on the internet. We would just have to find out how to do it somehow. :B

On 25/05/2012 at 5:06 AM, Modded Lego said:

Well if you found that in the Lego Racers 2 exe then it must be able to go on the internet. We would just have to find out how to do it somehow. :B

Just because strings relating to online modes exist, it doesn't mean the ability to play online exists.

They might have removed the coding for the online mode or never started it.

Modded Lego

Thats true but at least that means that there is a chance to get the internet running because it was planned to run before. :love:

• 4 years later...
lol username

That's Rocket Racers, it was a multiplayer attraction at LEGOLAND Windsor developed by ATD (before they went on to develop LEGO Racers 2). It no longer exists, but we have several topics about it here on the forums, and there's lots of info and videos of it online. Try searching Google and YouTube for "legoland rocket racers" and you'll get plenty of results.

bradleybrand

I wonder if it is possible for someone with knowledge with game engines (such as Unreal Engine) and 3D modeling (like Blender) to remake a multiplayer LEGO Racers 2? Only if it possible. It would have to require someone who is willing to go all the way (maybe a team) and I guarantee they will receive endless support on the forum, maybe donations.

Well that is my dream. A LAN LEGO Racers would be ideal for me, for me and my friends to race each other at my house with our own monitor screens. Plus more than two players would be epic!

Fluffy Cupcake

Anything is possible with collaborative efforts when we put our minds to it. Unfortunately, I already know that the people on this forum are to busy with their real life stuff to deadbeat when it comes to being dedicated to such a project (lazy/not-motivated?). We never make it far past the conceptual phase; when it comes to putting work into it, it seems in the end no one just really cares enough to have a desire to do it.

But hey, if such a project was going on you can be sure I'd be in on it though, as real-life exhaustion/busyness ain't no excuse for me. This is something I've always wanted, so.

As for donations, that's just asking for a C&D from LEGO.

Now that I've lashed out at the community. WHO'S INTERESTED AND WILLING TO WORK ON A PROJECT LIKE THIS?

You all know it won't happen if you just stare at this post and move along waiting to see who else will join in. Just keep in mind there is no obligation for you to be working on this the entire time, no one is stopping you from dropping out at any time. Any little thing you can contribute is more than welcome.

And don't try being a downer by shooting this post down with negativity (you know who you are), that's the last thing we need. We don't know what we can do if we don't even try, am I right?

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Didn't realize it had already been a year and a half since that slumbering project started (kinda forgot about it tbh).

It wasn't an open project though and we never did get a demo release.

I think bradleybrand wasn't getting at adding multi to a pre-existing game though, but rather taking an already done idea and making it even better than what the original developers did.

lol username

I'm aware, I posted it as it's relevant to the overall subject of what we're discussing here.

Fluffy Cupcake

I knew I should of added a bracket to that post stating that I was being captain obvious! But I didn't want to over-clutter it, so there. :P

bradleybrand
8 hours ago, Terrev said:

Relevant but oddly not linked to in this conversation yet: 

That's fantastic! I didn't realize this product had been started because I have been unactive on the forum for a very long time. I noticed that this was LEGO Racers 1 style (I think). I fully support this product and would play if/when released. But if there is anyone out there with game engine and model knowledge, there is not anything stopping us of making a LEGO Racers 2 style racing game too. The problem for new LEGO games for me is that a lot of things are not made out of LEGO, so basing it on the old game would be good. But just think of how the end result would look like. I love how players drive into them bubbles to collect weapon powerups such as the disk and the missile.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/legofirst-820x420.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

LEGO Racers has its pros and cons, and Racers 2 has its pros and cons (we recently had a conversation debating which is better which you might have already seen). I honestly think a mash-up of the two games is the best choice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MinifigRenderer

I am so glad I found this page. I would love to be a part this as well. I am able to do coding and testing and some programming. Would this be helpful?

Fluffy Cupcake
On 2016-06-03 at 5:07 PM, Xiron said:

WHO'S INTERESTED AND WILLING TO WORK ON A PROJECT LIKE THIS?

So who here already forgot about this until I brought it up? You? Well good job, you fit the category of everyone.

Did you honestly believe for a second that I was so imbecilic to think this would take off anywhere? 'Cause I didn't. But hey, it doesn't hurt to have hope in things you'd like to see, ya-know?

So now let's stop for a moment and let me ask @bradleybrand an important question.

Bradleybrand, since this is your idea, your vision, your "dream", what procedures are you going to take to get this kicked off the ground and lead people into being interested? How far are you willing to go? Having ideas throw around here is as common as finding rubble behind a wall in Rock Raiders. In all honesty unless you take action on your idea and  have proof you are willing to do a major part, no one will come. No one wants to waste their time working on someone else's idea when they don't even know if anything will come out of it.

It pretty much comes down to this. Will you drop the idea, or pursue it into making it happen? And how will you go about trying to make sure your pursuit isn't a waste if so?

I await your response.

You know, modding the game itself is not likely to happen. Personally, I think it would be easier to make a new 3D Lego Racers in Game Maker. It would be piss easy to do, and could even made to support multiplayer.  Once it's done, I could save it in HTML5 and host it on my website. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/23/2016 at 7:22 AM, Xir said:

So who here already forgot about this until I brought it up? You? Well good job, you fit the category of everyone.

Did you honestly believe for a second that I was so imbecilic to think this would take off anywhere? 'Cause I didn't. But hey, it doesn't hurt to have hope in things you'd like to see, ya-know?

So now let's stop for a moment and let me ask @bradleybrand an important question.

Bradleybrand, since this is your idea, your vision, your "dream", what procedures are you going to take to get this kicked off the ground and lead people into being interested? How far are you willing to go? Having ideas throw around here is as common as finding rubble behind a wall in Rock Raiders. In all honesty unless you take action on your idea and  have proof you are willing to do a major part, no one will come. No one wants to waste their time working on someone else's idea when they don't even know if anything will come out of it.

It pretty much comes down to this. Will you drop the idea, or pursue it into making it happen? And how will you go about trying to make sure your pursuit isn't a waste if so?

I await your response.

Hey guys, sorry I wasn't really active on this Forum too much. I originally signed up for information on LEGO Rock Raiders and getting the game to work on Windows 10, which was a very hard task with many problems.

Well reading different comments, my favourite LEGO Racers game has to be LEGO Racers 2. I loved picking up items and using them, like launching a Missile at another opponent. I have no Skills of Game Design sadly, Textures, Models, or anything like that. I would be happy to help in other ways. Perhaps keeping Files - like Documents - of what is Complete and what needs to be done - if more People wanted to help in such a Project. To be honest though, we need a team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.