Rocket Racer 3rd Place In Circuit

TrussROBLOX

TrussROBLOX

rocketracerstill.png

Here's the results screen.

rocketracerlast.png

Rocket Racer in third place!?! Usually a boss automatically goes to second place, as shown here:

kingsica.png

Results...

ketsucks.png

He's in 2nd place. 3rd place bosses are rare occurrences, so this is just showing off Rocket Racer in 3rd place.

(edited, i originally incorrectly stated Rocket came in 6th)

So, yeah. Rocket Racer finished in last, but check this out:

No, they did not finish in last place. King Kahuka was in 2nd, and Rocket Racer in 4th. It just automatically assigns them a score if they don't finish. The list before it assigns a score is just a list of the racers, seemingly in reverse order (Mirror boss, racers in mirror list, normal boss).

As for Rocket in 3rd, I have no idea. I guess the Black Knight warped at the last second? Every time I see Rocket come in 3rd, it's ALWAYS Black Knight in second.

• Like 4

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Yeah, there's a predetermined order. They could be in dead last, but if nobody finishes, they'll just get bumped to second. If I'm dominating, I'll usually stop before crossing the finish line to better determine how everyone finished.

• 2 months later...

No, they did not finish in last place. King Kahuka was in 2nd, and Rocket Racer in 4th. It just automatically assigns them a score if they don't finish. The list before it assigns a score is just a list of the racers, seemingly in reverse order (Mirror boss, racers in mirror list, normal boss).

As for Rocket in 3rd, I have no idea. I guess the Black Knight warped at the last second? Every time I see Rocket come in 3rd, it's ALWAYS Black Knight in second.

Not always, sometimes Admiral is 2nd;)

Not always, sometimes Admiral is 2nd ;)

I've never seen that. Admiral is good, but Black Knight is probably the best non-boss racer in the game.

• 6 months later...

Yeah I've always found Admiral to pose the most NPC challenge in the whole game, besides Basil the Bat Lord and Gypsy Moth.

From my observation, in terms of driving, Black Knight seems to be better than the Admiral. However, like all 2nd starting slot racers (Governor Broadside, Islander and Willa the Witch), Black Knight has this script that stops him from using his power ups right away, instead waiting a few seconds too long before using his stuff.

I find this topic to be quite interesting, maybe we should enact a "strongest not-boss-racer opponent"-poll or something. :D

OR, we could reverse engineer the AI path files and get an objective answer as to who's best. That'd require more effort though.

Yes, and I would like to make the first circuit more challenging by giving the drone racers some less idiotic pathways. The way they miss three out of four bricks annoooooyyys me. However, when it comes to Rocket Racer, I suppose it would be sufficient to leave his path files unedited and instead switch out the bricks he's programmed to collect with less annoying ones by changing their colour. I believe Origamiguy is already working on a recompiler for pwb files.

I would probably edit Kahuka's path as well to keep him from those blue powerups...they're really only useful against Redbeard and Thunder and Basil and Gypsy Moth.

they're really only useful against Redbeard and Thunder and Basil and Gypsy Moth.

You don't need them that badly when racing Gypsy Moth or Basil. Unlike the other champions, those two have well balanced path files, in my opinion, and poise an actual challenge without being frustrating. It's too bad that 2nd and 5th circuit lack a demo AI. Replacing Redbeard's path with that from the demo made those tracks quite a bit more enjoyable, at least for me.

EDIT: As it turns out, racing against Redbeard with demo path files works on Moon Magma Marathon as well, if your car fulfills some weird requirements.

EDIT 2:

Admiral is good, but Black Knight is probably the best non-boss racer in the game.
Confirmed. I conducted a little experiment and made the Admiral race the Black Knight without anyone else on the track eight times, seven of which Black Knight won hands down.

Wait how do you get the video to show you demos of any of the races except the ones against redbeard. I have never seen any of them.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Clearly Rocket Racer just hitched a ride on one of the rockets, because he can't be seen to come in sixth place. gallery_3221_470_2237.png

I think I've used all of those emoticons now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.