Fdb Files

le717

My turn to uncover a format from the dark game known as LEGO Racers so the world may figure out what it is! :P

FDB Files seem to be the game fonts. They are present 22 times, and they have two different file names: GFONTS.FDB and LEGOFNTS.FDB.

GFONTS.FDB is the font used for the menus. It is located in MENUDATA/game language e.g. ENGLISH, SPAINISH, etc.). MENUDATA/ENGLISH contains 8 files, namely, CARBUILD.SRF, CIRCUIT.SRF, FONT_EMB.BMP, FONT_HLP.BMP, FONT_THS.BMP, FONTMENU.BMP, MENUTEXT.SRF, and of course, GFONTS.FDB. All other language folders have 10 files, adding DRIVERS.SRF and QBUILD.LRS.

LEGOFNTS.FDB is found in GAMEDATA/COMMON/game language e.g. ENGLISH, SPAINISH, etc.). GAMEDATA/COMMON/ENGLISH contains 5 files, DRIVERS.SRF, FONT_THS.BMP, GAME.SRF, IGNUM.BMP, and LEGOFNTS.FDB. All other language folders sunstain the same number of files.

I've opened GFONTS.FDB and LEGOFNTS.FDB in Hex, and this is what I got:

LEGOFNTS.FDB

legofn10.png

GFONTS.FDB

legofn10.png

Let the research begin!

Oh, I hope you don't mind my sharing this origamiguy, but I found your blog pages documenting some formats. The URL is http://will.loadingchunks.net/rru/lr1/, and GDB, BPM, and PWB are all visible (just add /format to the URL). Interestingly, there is a MIB page too, but I get a 403 Forbidden error code.

This is all outdated. Ignore.

Oh, I hope you don't mind my sharing this origamiguy, but I found your blog pages documenting some formats. The URL is http://will.loadingchunks.net/rru/lr1/, and GDB, BPM, and PWB are all visible (just add /format to the URL). Interestingly, there is a MIB page too, but I get a 403 Forbidden error code.

This is all outdated. Ignore.

I was thinking it was. :P

So, do you have anything on these fdb files? They are the fonts for sure, but that's all I know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.