Soundtracks (Lr1)

Pranav

Is it possible to convert the .tun files (which are the soundtracks) to .mp3 format? I was just wondering if i could extract those sounds.

Sorta.

http://www.rockraide...in-lego-racers/

You see, all audio in LR1 is in the same format: vox. Even the SFX in LEGO.JAM (they just have the .pcm extenstion, just like the music has the .tun extension.) We are able to put our own music in-game, but taking them out has proved to be a different story.

You see, the engine applies some form of audio leveling to all the audio files. The amount is currently unknown. What this means for us is that new music has to be turned up to almost distorted levels to get it load enough.

Also, when the audio is imported straight from the files, it's clearly distorted (See picture in History spoiler in topic linked above). But you will notice that it's not in-game. That's the audio leveling at work, and since we don't know the amount of leveling, we can't really level out the raw audio to listen to it like it is in-game.

Until we figure out the amount of audio leveling, the only thing we can do is either record it ourselves, or just download it here:

http://www.youtube.c...856D8FC65256EE8

(Guess this means that I have to get back to work on this, doesn't it? *sigh*)

EDIT: Cirevam Ninja'd me. :P

They're actually .VOX files. If you follow le717's tutorial you'll be able to get them into Audacity and then you can do what you want with them.

I actually tried that before asking up the question but i did not get the appropriate results so i had to post up the question here. :)

Sorta.

http://www.rockraide...in-lego-racers/

You see, all audio in LR1 is in the same format: vox. Even the SFX in LEGO.JAM (they just have the .pcm extenstion, just like the music has the .tun extension.) We are able to put our own music in-game, but taking them out has proved to be a different story.

You see, the engine applies some form of audio leveling to all the audio files. The amount is currently unknown. What this means for us is that new music has to be turned up to almost distorted levels to get it load enough.

Also, when the audio is imported straight from the files, it's clearly distorted (See picture in History spoiler in topic linked above). But you will notice that it's not in-game. That's the audio leveling at work, and since we don't know the amount of leveling, we can't really level out the raw audio to listen to it like it is in-game.

Until we figure out the amount of audio leveling, the only thing we can do is either record it ourselves, or just download it here:

http://www.youtube.c...856D8FC65256EE8

(Guess this means that I have to get back to work on this, doesn't it? *sigh*)

EDIT: Cirevam Ninja'd me. :P

Well, i am not interested in the SFX but thanks for the info.

I guess origami could figure out the amount of levelling if he gets time *puppy face*.

And also thanks for that youtube link. :)

I guess origami could figure out the amount of levelling if he gets time *puppy face*.

Audio files are not my strong point at all. Sorry.

I'll try to dig up some time to work on the files again. I should note that it's pretty much a guessing game. We have no idea how much the raw is amplified, not do we know how much it's lowered (that's the same thing isn't is? :P ). It's part of the game engine, and from what I've seen, it sorta fluxes with different parts of the same custom track.

I would have to find a base level and modify it to fit each track (that's for the official files. Custom files will still be a guessing game, although an easier one). Doing that means taking the same file and amplifying it to different levels, exporting them and renaming the to the proper names. It's highly time-consuming but it will work.

Hmmmm......maybe I can find some program that will compare volume levels and give the difference(s). That would make this a lot easier

JrMasterModelBuilder

One thing I would look into is the possibility that it's a difference between big-endian VS little-endian or unsigned integer VS signed integer. Perhaps they modified the VOX format some some reason.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe someone could create a program that analyzes the music tracks so we can see why they're so staticy when they're imported?

I only like music, and make some small tracks of them. I can't make music/sound programs.

Maybe someone could create a program that analyzes the music tracks so we can see why they're so staticy when they're imported? I only like music, and make some small tracks of them. I can't make music/sound programs.

I'm afraid not because...

Perhaps they modified the VOX format some some reason.

JMMB was right on the money. They modified the VOX format. I've already explained this, so in an attempt not to repeat myself, I'll just link back to it. ;)

• 3 months later...

I wish there was some way to get LEGO Media to redesign the game engine to make this easier to crack...

You must be kidding. LEGO Racers was released in 1999, and LEGO Media has since been renamed a few times and finally died when TT Games took over. Why on earth would LEGO redesign a game from 1999 that they really don't care about anymore to make it easier to crack? That doesn't sound good to marketing, the financial, or anybody at LEGO for that matter. Even if they created a brand new LEGO Racers (which they were going to do in 2009 before it was scrapped. I blame TT for refusing to do any non-licensed games), there would still be this release of Racers, and they formats would still have to be figured out.

O.T.

I love logic. :P

which they were going to do in 2009 before it was scrapped I blame TT for refusing to do any non-licensed games

WHAT? TT HAS SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.

• Like 1

The only TT games I like are LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Indiana Jones (not that I've played others). But this does sound like it could have been a good idea. But I have to agree, this release would still exist. I stand against myself yet again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.