Some Guy Having Issues With Models Loading In Island

Lair

I've been having a PM with someone about Lego Island. He got it installed, but then this:

Well I have it installed on my PC, and I dragged the d3drm.dll file into the correct folder. It seems to be running okay, but when I go into the first screen (the information centre), the Infomaniac figure doesn't appear, yet I can hear him.

Any ideas on what to do about this?

• 4 weeks later...

Incase this is still a problem (Or if anyone else is having it) I was recently able to fix this by just going into config from the launcher, and setting the 3D device to the first one in the list. Something along the lines of "Ramp Emulation" I think.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, well that fixes the graphics problem, but it still crashes when I attempt exit, not saving the game or anything. Anyone know how to fix that too? I've been messing around with CONFIG but I haven't found anything that works yet. With RGB emulation I'm at least able to make it to the credits screen but it still freezes there.

EDIT:

Well I did find a work around, which is to add another profile, which saves your game to that, and then just keep doing that over and over to save your game. Though if anyone knows how to fix the crashing, let me know. (The most common solution I found online was setting RAMP emulation and 256 colors, but that doesn't fix the crashing.)

EDIT #2:

Ok, now this is weird. Running the game from steam just straight up fixes it. Makes no sense to me, but it works.

Baz' timestamp='1340610792' post='73607']

Ok, now this is weird. Running the game from steam just straight up fixes it. Makes no sense to me, but it works.

Gaben has blessed you.

Baz' timestamp='1340610792' post='73607']

it still crashes when I attempt exit, not saving the game or anything

Common thing in newer computers. Try running in comparability.

Unless, you know... GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY

Assuming you meant compatibility, I put it on that to get it running in the first place even before tackling the graphics problem :P

Oddly enough the exit bug only goes away when launched from steam for me. No fancy shortcut target strings, just launched from steam, and no problems. No steam overlay though. But it works...

Oddly enough the exit bug only goes away when launched from steam for me. No fancy shortcut target strings, just launched from steam, and no problems. No steam overlay though. But it works...

I'm guessing it has something to do with how Explorer and Steam start up programs differently. Explorer probably implies more things as far as how to run the program, and Steam just starts the program without any strings attached. (Windows expecting it to run a certain version of a runtime as compared to modern programs, while Steam doesn't run anything preliminary, etc etc.)

Though, don't base things off of my assumptions, I'm not the expert at Explorer, or Steam.

EDIT:

Though, it could be the other way around. Explorer could just not know what to do with it, and Steam just figured out how it wanted to run.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.