Trouble With Installation

MCHover

So, when I was trying to install LEGOLAND on my Windows 7 computer, I had some trouble. When I try to install it from the cd, it tells me that it can't run in 64-bit. So of course, I tried to run it in compatibility mode, but with no luck. If anyone can help with this (probably common) problem, I would surely appreciate it. :D

No unfortunately not... I'm just running Home Premium. But if you knew any good 32-bit / x86 emulators I would be happy.

You might as well get an emulator for Windows 98, because I had troubles getting it to load on XP.

No unfortunately not... I'm just running Home Premium. But if you knew any good 32-bit / x86 emulators I would be happy.

You might as well get an emulator for Windows 98, because I had troubles getting it to load on XP.

Great, I will have to find such one somewhere then. No need to have more trouble than necessary.

• 2 months later...
Numbuh9494

If you find one and you could tell me, that would be amazing. I've been trying to get this game to work on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop for ages and it seems as if I've tried every single method, to no avail.

I first downloaded DOSBox, which didn't work. I then installed the game on my old Windows XP laptop and then put all the files on a USB drive. I then transferred them over to my Windows 7 laptop. It would open and start when I put it on 640x480 screen res, but then it would skip over the intro video and cut scenes, and when I tried to start the first level it would boot me out. Then I went back to compatibility and set it to Windows XP SE2, which gave me the LEGO logo screen -- but it froze in the middle of the logo screen, preventing me from playing the game. This has been driving me batty.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

It seems like they made the installer 16-bit. Yeah, as time went on, that turned out to be an incredibly dumb idea. They made it that way to tell you that Windows 3.1 users couldn't play the game, which was a 16-bit OS. Basically making it only playable on a 32-bit and 32-bit only.

It did work on my dad's former Vista (Now 7) laptop when I ran it as administrator. It's a 32-bit though, so I can't really provide much help. Never tried it on a VM, but I don't feel compelled to.

Numbuh9494

I'm really tempted to just give up and say there's no workaround besides going through the effort of running it through a VM. I can't find a proper emulator, either, which is also disconcerting. I'll keep looking and I'll post if I find anything new.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Well, if you want an emulator, you need to get an install CD from eBay. Sorry, but in order to run the operating system, you need the OS itself.

And yeah, you simply can't install it on your main computer. If it's 16-bit and you're running a 64-bit, it's simply not possible. And trust me when I say this, Compatibility Mode has rarely ever done diddly-squat for me. Don't put your hopes on it.

Numbuh9494

You're right -- I had to install it on my old Windows XP laptop. I think I'll just play it there. It'll save me some headache! Thanks for your help, though! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.