Lego To Non-Lego Compatibility List

Phoenyx

I thought about this, and there are some non-LEGO building systems and hobby equipment that are compatible with LEGO bricks.

We already know about Mega-Fail and that new company, so I won't list them on this list - this is more about dissimilar construction sets and kits, as well as hobby equipment.

I'll also list the compatibility percentages and difficulty. Systems will be listed in order of popularity.

• K'nex (80%) (Easy): As well as K'nex Blox, K'nex shaft elements are compatible with the LEGO Technic line to a major extent.
  • Erector (40%) (Advanced): The spacing on Erector metal components allows for bolts to be run through every fourth hole on a Technic piece.
  • Any 1-Scale, G-scale, or O-Scale Model Trains (10%) (Advanced): Not really compatible, but with a lot of patience, skill and attention to detail you can build believable structures. Indoor use only!
  • Rokenbok RC Construction System (50%-US Only) (Easy): European builders, you're out of luck. This has compatibility with a different building system that is NOT compatible with LEGO. In the US, however, Rokenbok floor plates have a LEGO compatible design.
  • VEX Robotics Design Set (50%) (Advanced): As well as the above mentioned compatibility for Erector, VEX's square shafts work well as driveshafts for LEGO equipment. Probably the easiest way to add advanced robotics functions or animation to a LEGO display, so long as you know how to change flowers program in RobotC or Lab-View.
  • Pitsco/LEGO Education Tetrix Robotics System (20%) (Intermediate): It's not exactly a non-LEGO system - It's made by TLG subsidiary Pitsco and was designed to be controlled with a LEGO Mindstorms NXT unit. However, for the purposes of this list it counts as non-LEGO. The system includes mounting brackets for the pin-only Technic components. Figuring out how to mount the components is easy. Figuring out where to go from there is, er... not so easy.
  • Will update list

Systems that don't work:

• Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set: Although it's similar to the Tetrix system, there are no mounting brackets and the components are much smaller. Trust me - I tried.
  • Will update list

I'm going to be destroyed for this, but "Megablocks" is pretty much 100% compatible if you need to borrow the Halo/GTA guns.

I decided not to list Megafail because of the similarities in design. The main difference is material quality and workmanship.

Nice list bro! I hope that you can keep updating this, because its interesting...

I will be updating it as I find more compatible building systems. So far I've covered most of the major ones.

• 10 months later...

Put Xalingo

bloco-de-encaixe-policia-com-459-pecas-x

Xalingo is a brazilian toy company

I haven't bought one yet but I can be asured that it is compatible with the LEGO System

and also look at the minifigs...

100% copy

• 3 weeks later...

Put Xalingo

bloco-de-encaixe-policia-com-459-pecas-x

Xalingo is a brazilian toy company

I haven't bought one yet but I can be asured that it is compatible with the LEGO System

and also look at the minifigs...

100% copy

Didn't know about it at the time, but if I did I would have listed them with MegaFail and "that new company".

but if I did I would have listed them with MegaFail and "that new company".

You mean,

space-shuttle-best-lock.jpg

and

$%28KGrHqJHJEEFDOFVQGfiBQ6JPeoln!~~60_57

I've seen these around. The former also has a few officially sponsored US Army sets, and the latter is a Walmart. They also have Army stuff.

$T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeS6bBQ6JZ3C0p!~~60_57.J

Oh what fun it is to buy cheap LEGO knockoffs. OH! :P

Ok, before someone posts more about Best-lock, Kid Connection or Xalingo, I must state that this list is intended to show the compatibility between dissimilar construction systems. Any interlocking block system is by default compatible with LEGO.

I don't know about them.

Or do you mean Mega Bloks?

I do, in fact. Their lack of parts quality earned them the "megafail" nickname. I haven't seen a single Mega Bloks kit that didn't have flash or mold lines on every other part. It's worse than the first-run Citidel Finecast models.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.